Chapter 12

KALIYA

I was jolted awake by the loud sound of my ringtone. Someone just texted me, at this fucking wee hours!?

Damn, I was just tryin’ to get to sleep here, for goodness sake. I have class later this morning, and I have almost, almost an hour of sleep.

I reach for my phone, and was greeted by Rhiann’s name on my notification bar. I have three notifications from her. She rarely message me, and when she does---it just mean that it is important.

"Ate, d’you wanna
buy an Island?
I still have your
black card.
It’s a twin Island,
considered it as a
buy one-take one product
in a mall. But you’ll pay
for the both of’em."

“What y’ah think?
Brilliant, innit?
I’ll have the island
with locals, and you’ll
have the private one.”

“Reply to my messages
as soon as possible,
if you want it kindly inform me.”

…or so I thought!

What’s with buying an island when we have lots of properties, and undeclared assets all over the world?

This little rascal.

What’s her plan na naman ba this time?

“Yeah, do as you please.” I reply before putting my phone on silent mode and goes back to sleep.

I woke up not really feeling good in shape, I have three hours of sleep and I have class at nine a.m, and now they’re here...again. Those people, they are so freakin’ loud. And annoying!

I yawned, got off of my bed, and went to the bathroom to wash my face.

This feeling is exhausting me, I want to just sleep and rest for the rest of the day. I can’t go on having a conversation with people feeling like this. I was feeling too tired for no good reason.

“Good morning, Kal..”

“We cooked you breakfast.”

“Kamusta ang tulog?”

“Coffee or juice? Orange or apple?”

“Eggs or bacon?”

“Rice or Fried Rice?”

“Morning sex--ouch!”

“The fuck you sayin’ ems?”

“Sorry na, wala na akong masabi kay Kaliya kaya iyon na lang. Para naman maramdaman niyang mahal ko rin siya ‘no.”

“Stupid, just shut your mouth.”

I just blankly look at each of the. Sa susunod nga, sa bahay na ako matutulog at hindi sa penthouse. So I could sleep for as long as I want.

I gave them an eyeroll before sashaying my way to the kitchen, “grabe kumembot ‘no? Akala mo hindi bading.”

“Magaling sa scissor ‘yan si Kal kasi ang lambot ng bewa--aray ko, potangina!”

“Tanginang bibig ‘yan, Emery.”

I want peace and quiet for godsake!

“You’re here," parang hindi naman na siya nagulat na nasa harapan niya na ako. "I already prepare your breakfast.” it was silver, finally, a good-talk-and-listener person.

“I want coffee.”

She went to the coffee machine to make me one, “I have good news for you,”

“Yeah?” sinilip ko kung ano ang iniluto niya. Egg, hatdogs, bacon, fried rice, dried fish, and tomato.