chapter 5

Hyunjin woke up to a pair of strong arms cuddling him. He wondered when Jisung became so strong until he smelled that scent. His mate. Hyunjin's eyes widened and turned golden yellow as he tried to comprehend what happened.

He couldn't remember anything and his mate being close like this was adding fuel to the fire. He wanted to stay in his embrace forever but a part of him couldn't bring him to have such a huge desire. He wished he was like Jisung, always ready to express what he felt and not being afraid to love like he wanted to.

He was lost in thought when Chan stirred in his sleep. Hyunjin pretended to be asleep but Chan could feel his erratic heartbeat and the way his scent sweetened when he kissed his hair indicating that he liked the gesture.

" I know you're not sleeping my prince." Chan's sleepy,husky voice almost made Hyunjin choke on his breath. Chan woke up and headed to the kitchen after kissing Hyunjin on the forehead.

He made breakfast that consisted of bacon, eggs and toast. He went to the room to wake an already awake Hyunjin. Chan peeped through the door to find Hyunjin pacing up and down wondering if he should go down or what.

"You know you will have to go downstairs eventually right pumpkin?" Hyunjin almost went flying to Mars at Chan's voice. Hyunjin blushed at the nickname and nodded.' He's cute!!!'. Chan squealed in his mind.

Chan dragged a red Hyunjin to the dining table and instead of coffee he offered Hyunjin orange juice in his sippy cup. Hyunjin tried to feed himself but Chan insisted that he feeds him.

Chan explained Jisung's whereabouts to Hyunjin whose eyes were all over the place. Hyunjin was still wondering how Chan ended up at his place but didn't dare to ask.

"Jinnie we need to talk." Chan said after rinsing the plates they used. Hyunjin nodded hesitantly as he feared what would come next. Chan saw his anxiety and he held Hyunjin's hand to ease the tension and this worked to a certain extent.

" Are you staying with Jisung alone?" Chan inquired and Hyunjin nodded." Hmm would you be able to give me the outline of your life. You can skip the ones that make you uncomfortable my prince." Chan said gently and Hyunjin blushed at the nickname before nodding.

"Well Jisung is my best friend and we've been living together for the past -the past four years. That's pretty much everything about my life." Hyunjin weakly said while looking down.

" I would like to know more but I don't wanna pressure you baby boy. But there's something I need to ask." Chan said and Hyunjin felt his heart racing.

His palms were sweating and he suddenly pulled his hands from Chan's and wiped them with his shorts. Chan noticed but didn't comment.

"Jinnie eventually Jisung will live with his mate and I don't feel comfortable leaving you alone. I want to take care of you my prince. I understand that you're still taking time to figure out if you'll accept me or not but just let me take care of you." Chan pleaded as he knelt down in front of Hyunjin.

Hyunjin was taken aback by the sincerity in Chan's words and eyes. His father never once knelt in front of his omega mate which was his mother.

Chan's action brought tears to his eyes and he felt Chan cupping his face gently as he wiped his tears away. How was he supposed to keep his resolve intact when Chan acted like that.