chapter 22

Hyunjin groaned as he heard his phone ringing. He wondered why Jisung or Felix would decide to call him so early in the morning.

He patted Chan's space and found the spot empty. He sleepily answered the call with his eyes closed.

"Why did you assault your future husband? Is that how you will behave with him once you're married?" Mr Hwang said from the other side.

Hyunjin's sleep dissipated as panic and anxiety seeped into his mind. He didn't know how his father got his contacts.

"You?" Hyunjin breathed with fear laced in his voice." Man up and come home. That boy you're staying with will leave you once your notorious side starts to annoy him."Hyunjin's father said.

Hyunjin kept quiet with tears streaming down his face. His mind freezed as he thought about what he would ever do if Chan decided to leave him.

Before he could respond Chan took the phone away from him and listened to his father." I'd already told you that once you become twenty one years I'll marry you off to someone better. That foreigner will leave you anyways." Mr. Hwang chuckled.

"You're an alpha and so am I. Why don't we talk out our issues because your focus on my mate is starting to annoy me." Chan said calmly.

"Finally I get a chance to talk to the foreigner boy. I'll send Hyunjin the address of the restaurant and the time. Just so you know I'm a very punctual person."Mr Hwang said.

"I can tell by the way you didn't hesitate to traumatize my mate not long after his twenty first birthday." Chan said and hung up.

As promised Mr Hwang sent the time and place. Chan copied them onto his phone and deleted the message before blocking him on Hyunjin's phone.

Chan took Hyunjin into his arms and calmed him down. Hyunjin held tightly onto Chan as his tears flowed silently. Soon Hyunjin calmed down and looked at Chan who was deep in thoughts.

"Daddy I have to go to school." Hyunjin whispered and Chan got out of his thoughts." Are you sure you'll be fine pumpkin?" Chan asked and Hyunjin nodded.

"I have to go somewhere so I won't be at school. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to be at school when I'm not there especially after what happened yesterday." Chan said worriedly.

"Anyway go and shower, I'll talk to Changbin and Minho." Chan said and Hyunjin nodded before making his way to the bathroom.

Chan talked to Minho and Changbin and asked them to take care of Hyunjin in his absence. It was decided that Hyunjin will be with Changbin as long as he was at school.

Changbin was to call Minho should anything happen. Chan dropped the call and prepared breakfast for Hyunjin.

He then went upstairs and found Hyunjin rummaging through his closet." Why aren't you dressed pumpkin?" Chan asked.

"I'm looking for something." Hyunjin said without looking at Chan." Found it." Hyunjin said excitedly and went over to Chan.

"Daddy look. Should I wear it?" Hyunjin asked with a dazzling smile that Chan couldn't resist.

Hyunjin was holding his Bang Hwang Hyunjin hoodie in his hand. And his daddy written golden bracelet.

"Yes baby. You can whatever you want darling." Chan said and Hyunjin nodded." I'll leave you to get dressed now. Come down quick or you'll get late." Chan kissed Hyunjin's forehead.