2 : captivating amber eyes

— A y e z a h ' s  P O V  :

— A y e z a h ' s P O V :

The sharp yet warm rays of the sun caressed my face, causing me to groan and hide my face into the cozy embrace of my blanket.

Just as I hoped to catch some more sleep, my alarm rang, making me groan some more.

With difficulty, I reluctantly pulled my one hand out from under the warm blanket and reached for my phone on the bedside table, as my phone alarm was ringing.

As I grabbed it, I came out from the comforting cocoon, sitting straight, i glanced at the flurry of missed calls and texts.

Just as I was about to look further into my phone, a familiar name flashed on the screen:
Laila, my personal secretary and best friend.

Last night Rahil told me that he understands my need for space, and graciously allowed me to sleep in a different room. He said that I can take my time to get completely comfortable here.

His kindness and understanding always tug at my heart.

It pained to know how nice of a person he is.

The phone rang again, and with a grunt, I answered it.

As I placed the phone against my ear, I had to quickly move it away as my dear best friend-cum- personal secretary let out a piercing scream.

I cautiously returned the phone to my ear,
" Could you please not speak so loudly in the early morning? " I lazily mumbled.

" LOUD VOICE KI BACCHI!! MENE TERA KEEMA BANA DENA HAI!! " she yelled.

[" Loud voice huh? I'm gonna turn you into minced meat! "]

" Where on earth did you go last night? Rahil called me, asking about you! I didn't had any clue but eventually I guessed it. Yet I couldn't say anything to Rahil. Tell me, did you go ice skating again? " she continued. I nonchalantly hummed in response

"Ayezah? is something wrong? What happened? Tell me everything. I know you wouldn't go ice skating for no reason. What happened? You were so damn happy just yesterday! Finally, you married the man you love so dearly! Everything was perfect! Then what happened suddenly? " she asked calmly through the phone. I stayed silent for a few seconds, clutching my delicate snowflake pendant and chewing on my bottom lip.

"Are you going to say something or you'll just keep fiddling with your pendant, more like suffocating your pendant and nibbling on your lower lip? Ye tumahari jhalli wali harkat kab chootay gi pata nahi! " she said, making me chuckle. I could actually imagine her palming her face and shaking her head.

[ " I wonder when you will stop with that silly habit of yours." ]

She knew me very well. Even though we've only been friends for three years.

" Have a little bit of manners, my dear! I happen to be your boss." I playfully remarked.

" Accha jiiiii! tu mil mujhe! mein dekhati hun real Boss kaun hai." She said.