23 : listening to your heartbeat

Warning ⚠️ The chapter contains strong mature content! If you are not comfortable, I'll suggest you skipping this one! You have been warn ahead.

— A y e z a h ' s P O V 𖤐 :

"what are you doing?"

It's almost early morning right now, and the room is filled with cool darkness of the dawn.

I'm lying on the bed, and Rahil is positioned on top of me.

His one ear is pressed gently against my chest, right near my heart.

"I'm listening to your heartbeat and ensuring that it's beating all fine and that you are actually okay."

His words send my heart racing insanely fast.

"Why is your heart thumping so loudly?" he asks, furrowing his brow and raising his head to look at me.

"That's because you're so close, and your words aren't helping either."

He narrows his eyes at me in playful annoyance.

"Are you really okay?" he probes.

"Yeah, I'm truly fine! You do realise right that you are asking me this for the 1000th time now." Even in balcony earlier, he kept touching me, looking at my whole body and holding me so tightly as if I'll disappear into thin air.

" Was the nightmare that bad?" I ask, when i find him going all silent and blankly gazing at me.

He lets out a heavy sigh, dropping his head back onto my chest and snuggling into me.

"Don't ask. It shook me to core. It felt so real. It was the worst, most horrifying thing that's still sending shivers down my spine." He grunts out.

I wrap my arms around his head, my fingers gently running through the back of his head into his hair.

"What exactly happened?" I ask, curiously.

"I don't wanna talk about it." He whispers, and shifts a little upwards, nestling his face deep into the crook of my neck.

He nuzzles his nose against my neck, presses his lips, smooching the area.

" please." He places few kisses on the curve of my neck and I inhale deeply, nodding.

He stays in that position, gently nuzzling his nose into the curve of my neck and inhaling me deeply, meanwhile my fingers continue to caress the soft strands of hair on the back of his head.

"You didn't say it back." He murmurs against my skin.

"What?"

"The confession."

" You already know it very well."

" But I want to hear it."

"I have said it already before so many times." A mischievous smile played on my lips.