1 : warm brown eyes

Important ‼️ Do read the prologue before proceeding to the first chp, or you may get confused at few places.

— A y e z a h ' s  P O V  𖤐 :

I discarded my white, long, warm, fluffy overcoat, revealing my all-black attire.

I was dressed in sleek black tight leggings that hugged my legs perfectly, paired with a black full-sleeved, tight, warm turtle neck top. My hair neatly tied into a high ponytail.

I placed my coat to the side and stood at the edge of the ice skating rink, taking in the sight before me. It was my own private ice skating rink.

A place where i glide whenever things get too much for me to handle.

I clutched onto my snowflake pendant with my palm, which delicately hung on my turtle neck top.

The pendant was very dear to me.

My mother made me wear it when i was young, saying that I should never take it off.
Unfortunately my mom wasn't alive.

It was plain shiny chain with a medium sized delicate snowflake hanging through it. The snowflake was very beautiful with its bluish intricate details which made it look like almost real snowflake.

I curled my bottom lip between my teeth, Holding the pendant tightly, I took deep breaths.

"Addin, I could never hurt her. I married her because I didn't want to hurt her more. I have hurt her enough by rejecting her twice. And who could better know how badly it hurts to be in one-sided love than me?"

I gracefully glide across the ice rink, Rahil's words from earlier when he was talking with his bestfriend, who is also my cousin, on the call, echoing in my mind. The weight of his words hit me like a ton of bricks.

I couldn't believe what i unintentionally heard from his conversation with Addin.

The pain in my heart was unbearable and without any single thoughts I left his house.

Now, here I am, all alone at the ice rink on the very first night of our marriage.

He married me just because he didn't wanted to hurt me? Does that mean he married me out of pity? to spare me from the heartbreak of further rejection? Because he understood the pain of unrequited love?

I hoped and thought that the time we spend 4 years back as friends, also the time we spend as business partners recently because of the  collaboration of our companies, had made him develop feelings for me. I thought he too had started to feel something for me.

But it turns out that it was never the case. It has always been only me.

He never fell for me nor he will ever fall for me. This was crystal clear to me now.