15 : chasing the bitch

— L a i l a ' s  P O V  𖤐  :

— L a i l a ' s  P O V 𖤐 :

" Umm, Subways are seriously the best ever!"
Ayezah squealed in delight, munching a mouthful of her delicious pepper chicken subway sandwich. It was the lunch break, and we decided to grab a bite together at the nearby subway.

I took a big bite of my own mouthwatering barbecue chicken subway sandwich, chewing on it I asked, "So, when are you going on your honeymoon? " A mischievous grin spread across my face.

Ayezah's face lit up with a wide smile.

"Soon, I just want to take care of the business deals and everything before we go," she replied, her excitement palpable.

It had been a month now since Ayezah and Rahil jij got married, and they had recently returned to the work from their wedding holiday.

In our three years of friendship, I had never seen Ayezah radiate such genuine happiness. Her smile was no longer forced; it was a reflection of the joy in her heart.

I remembered all the times Ayezah had shed her precious tears for her selfish and uncaring mom, who was blinded by external recognition so much that she neglected her own daughter's mental health.

But my Ayezah truly and dearly loved her mom, despite everything. The way she still wears the pendant given by her mom speaks volumes. Not everyone could do that, knowing how much her mother's memories hurt her, but she tries to hold on to the good ones.

She says that, after all, that woman was still her mother, and no matter what, she can't hate her. It breaks my heart to see how pure she is.

Seeing her now, filled with genuine happiness, warmed my heart. She had finally found her bliss.

And I would literally do anything to protect her happiness.

Ayezah was my only family. I lost my parents when I was very young in a plane crash. My grandparents took care of me, but then they too passed away soon, leaving me all alone in this world.

The so-called relatives, heartlessly turned their backs on me, deeming me a burden simply because I was a girl.

Fucking stupid society. It's frustrating how they often sees girls as burdens.

I was mature enough to make my own decisions, so with the money my grandparents left me, I left Pakistan and moved to Australia to start a new life.

It was in this foreign land that I discovered Ayezah. She radiated goodness like a sunbeam, illuminating my path. In Pakistan, I had known loneliness, but with Ayezah by my side, everything transformed into colourful wheel of belonging and love.

Ayezah made everything better. She became a sister, a best friend, and my family. When her father told her to move to London, she took me with her, and I gladly went because she was all I had.