21 : if its end of her, its end of me

The threatening texts I received in my dms, urging me to keep them alive or else face dire consequences were so funny. But you guys don't know that it's me Mahek, who can't even take the mere side character dying, I'd literally be an emotional mess, so imagine what would happen to me If I had to actually write the death of my main characters.

Haha, it's a dream, as you all wanted it to be :)

— R a h i l ' s P O V 𖤐

I jolt awake, my eyes snapping open with a gasp that echoes through the room.

As I sit up, I reach out into the air, desperately grasping for breath, my mouth open wide. My body is drenched in sweat, causing my t-shirt to cling uncomfortably to my back.

My heart pounds relentlessly, as if it's on the verge of bursting.

My chest rises and falls rapidly, my breathing ragged and uneven.

Nightmare. It was just a nightmare.

It felt so fucking real, that my body is still trembling uncontrollably.

It felt so real that i can still feel the terror in my every bone. I can still feel my skin burning, as if it's ablaze.

I turn my head to the side, only to be greeted by emptiness and coldness, just like it has been since one week now.

It's been a whole week without Ayezah, and it feels like I'm just merely existing instead of living.

I haven't been able to get any sleep either because it's nearly impossible to get some comfortable sleep without her being all wrapped in my arms and now that her sweet flowery scent has faded from the pillow, I find it difficult to sleep at all.

I've respected her need for space and stayed away. Though I did check up on her through few occasional texts, which she ignored completely, and contemplated to call her a plenty of times, trying my best not to come across as clingy or suffocating. But her absence is suffocating me instead.

I take a deep breath, switching on the lamp next to the bedside table, my body still trembling and my heart refusing to slow down. Each breath feels heavy and charged with anxiety.

"Come on, Rahil," I tell myself, trying to calm down.

"Ayezah is okay. She's safe." Yes, she has to be. I close my eyes, but the scene from the nightmare where fire engulfs her whole form flashes before my eyes, making me snap them open in pure horror.

No. nothing has happen to her.

She. is. fucking. Safe.

The image of her trembling form, curled up and crying, surrounded by fire, keeps replaying in my mind, and I can't bear it any longer.

I grab my phone in a hurry from the bedside table, almost knocking all the things kept on the table down, because of the trembling in my hands.

with a insanely racing heart, i dial her number. I start chanting, "Pick up! Pick up! Pick up!" like a madman, my desperation clear in my voice.