20 : i'm sorry

— A y e z a h ' s  P O V  𖤐 :

— A y e z a h ' s P O V 𖤐 :

"Where's Ayezah?" My heart raced insanely, refusing to calm down.

I grip the door knob tighter as I hear Laila's voice from outside.

"Ah, she's actually resting inside the room,"

"Resting? Is she alright? She hasn't replied to any of my texts or calls at all. It's not likely of Ayezah to do so. Even when we used to go to work, we would always text and call each other. She has never ghosted me like this. I know something is seriously wrong." My grip on the door knob tightens even further, my knuckles turning white.

" I guess her phone.. isn't charged yet." Laila says, unsure of her words and I can hear how much she's struggling to answer him.

"Oh, come on! Do you take me for a fool? What phone takes this long to charge?" Rahil's voice is filled with frustration.

" ummm... maybe she didn't plug it to charge.."
Laila stammers, trying to find an explanation.

Okay that's enough Ayezah. You can't possibly hide from him forever.

I need to face him somehow.

with a racing heart, I slowly twist the door knob, my throat tight with fear. I swallow, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

I slowly move outside of the room, gently closing the door behind me.

As I stepped forward, I instinctively reach out to adjust the sleeves of my long-sleeved
t-shirt, tugging it down, feeling anxiety bubbling inside me.

From where I stood, I could catch a glimpse of the living room. His back was facing me.

Laila's eyes met mine.

My heart skipped a beat as he turned around, following Laila's gaze.

His warm brown eyes gets locked with mine instantly, increasing the pace of my heartbeat.

Nervously, I bit my lower lip, my fingers unconsciously clutching the snowflake pendant around my neck in a tight grip.

"Ayezah!" Rahil's voice rang out, filled with both relief and concern.

He rushed towards me in a beat, his hands firmly gripping my shoulders. His eyes searched mine, as he pours out a torrent of questions.

"Are you okay? What's wrong? Why haven't you been responding? Please tell me you're okay," he pleaded, his words tumbling out in a rush.

He was dressed in simple black t-shirt and jeans, looking so gorgeous as always.

my gaze wandered over every inch of his face, taking in the familiar handsome features that I had missed so dearly, as he continued to speak.

Rahil then suddenly fell silent, his eyes roamed all over me and then wandered all over my face, mirroring my own actions.

Our gazes met, a mix of emotions swirling in both of our orbs.