12 : i can't bear the distance

Thanks a bunch everyone, for completing the target on the previous chapter <3 As promised, the new chapter is here.

Now, I'm feeling a bit greedy. If you can get me 250 votes and 150 comments on this chapter, I'll post the next one tonight or tomorrow.

The next chapter is going to be a mature one. Remember to follow me, as I'll keep the mature chapters private. If you're not following me, you won't be able to see them.

Thank you, and enjoy the chapter! I had an absolute blast writing it and hope y'all like it too.

— A y e z a h ' s  P O V  𖤐 :

The penthouse door swung open, revealing Noor with a gorgeous smile that could light up the room. She was dressed in a stunning sage green floral satin full-length dress, looking as pretty as ever.

"OMG, you look so gorgeous!" she exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug. I embraced her back, smiling widely.

She has always been a sweetheart.

" c'mon not more than you! " I replied, pulling away.

I noticed Addin approaching from behind Noor, donning a casual black hoodie and pants. His hands were tucked in his pants pockets. Rahil quickly joined him, giving him a side hug and a fist bump.

Suddenly, Rahil's words from that night when I got drunk and he told me about how Addin actually cared for me, flooded my mind.

"Well, that night, when Addin called me, he was warning me that if I ever hurt you in any way, he wouldn't hesitate to break my neck!"

The words echoed in my head, and strange warm, fuzzy feeling enveloped me.

but why didn't this idiot tell me about all this when I went to his office the very next morning and grilled him?

Although Addin and I weren't particularly close, we had crossed paths many times during family events. We always found ourselves playfully arguing and teasing each other. I secretly enjoyed getting under the skin of that grumpy creature. But that day, when Rahil shared his perspective on Addin, I realized there was more to him than met the eye.

Deep down, I sensed that Addin was like a hard shell, tough on the outside, but inside, he had a heart of gold.

And honestly I'm so grateful to him and to Noor because without them, we wouldn't have been able to get married. I wouldn't have married the man I love so much.

It felt as though I had gained a brother, someone who cared for me like his own sister. It was a newfound feeling, and it oddly brought me immense joy.

I don't know what got into me at the moment, but the next thing I did, shocked everyone.

I snaked my arms around Addin's torso,
and rested my head on his chest. I felt him instantly froze as he stopped talking mid-sentence to Rahil.

I quickly pulled away, not wanting to make the situation any more awkward than it already was.