chapter fourteen | did you kiss her?

C A R T E R M A D D O C K S

THE ROOM IS ridiculously cold. That's the first thing I notice when I start waking up. That and the fact my phone says it's 6 am, which is good, because hopefully going to the gym will allow me to sweat out the hangover that is currently coming on.

As I pull myself up straight on the bed, I take in exactly where I am. The spare room next to my room? Was I really that drunk that I couldn't walk an extra ten steps into my own room?

As I go to stand, I realise there's something on me, looking down I can make out that there's legs stretched over my own, and I look over to see a girl, fast asleep next to me.

I look closer, and quickly realise that the girl is Mellie. Oh shit.

Everything from last night comes over my head at once. Telling her to come and watch the game with us, her actually coming. Watching the game, singing the National anthem, getting drunk, sharing another cigarette, dying against the wall of the pub.

Kidnapping her once again and not letting her drive herself home drunk, throwing her into a spare room, talking with her, falling asleep next to her.

It all comes rushing into my head, and as it does, a huge breath leaves me. What is going on with me? Why am I doing this to her and to myself?

It's like I have a weird obsession with her? One I most definitely should not have for only knowing a girl for two months.

Gently picking up her legs and moving them off of me, and back onto the bed, I pull a blanket over her and slightly stretch.

I take out the keys I took from her within my back pocket, and take the notebook and pen from the bedside table my mam put in there years ago. I write a quick note to her and place the paper and the keys on the side table and leave the room.

As I slip out and close the door carefully behind me, I stare down at the floor for a few moments to compose myself. As I do, the door in front of me opens, and it's then I look up to see my best friend.

Most nights after we go out drinking, Iwan stays over here. His mam doesn't really like when he comes home plastered and my parents are often out at nights so it's easier and quieter to come here.

Watching Iwan slide out of his room that he stays at, I notice a heap of blonde hair on the bed behind him. Jess, obviously.

"What the fuck are you doing in there?" Iwan whispers as he rubs his eyes and looks over at me. Obviously confused on why I'm still in my jeans and polo shirt.

I don't even bother lying, "I fell asleep with Mellie." I admit. Iwans eyes widen as his mouth drops open.

"Mellie?!" He whisper shouts, looking around behind me but the door is closed. "She's still here? I thought she left last night."

"No, I wouldn't let her." I start to leave the doorway and walk the ten steps towards my room and open up the door.

"You wouldn't let her?" He asks, following me into my room and throwing himself down on my bed. Even if I'm going to the gym, I stink of alcohol, and that's not helping the hangover. The only thing that is making me not want to shower, is the fact the smell of her is all over me. "You kidnapped her?"

"No I didn't kidnap her you dick!" I whisper shout at him from my place in my bathroom as I turn on the shower and pull the curtain over. "She was trying to go home, the girl could barely see straight let alone drive." I explain and iwan watches me from his place on my bed. "I picked her up and brought her up here, I took her keys too, but I gave them back before I left the room so she can leave when she wakes up."

"You picked her up?!" He yells now, I put my fingers to my lips as I point to the door.

"Beth, Jess and Mellie are still asleep, man." I say and I watch a smirk on his face appear. "And yes, I picked her up, I don't know why, but I did. But she was laughing, man. Giggling more of and it was so..." I steer off trying to find the right word.

"Attractive? Yeah, girls giggling is attractive as fuck, when it's not done by someone annoying." He hits the nail right on its head and I nod in agreement as I start to strip off my clothes and climb into the shower. "But, Ben is our buddy now, and that's his sister, you can't go there."

Oh shit. I hadn't even thought of that yet, Ben is our friend, and Mellie and I only really became friends yesterday. Iwan's right, I can't go there. I've got to stay away. I'll be friendly with her, like I am with any of the girls who I'm friends with.

Not the ones I've slept with. Unfortunately.

"Did you kiss her?" Iwan asks as I let the hot water burn away and the remaining alcohol in my system.

"What?" I call out.

"Mellie, last night, did you kiss her?" He asks again.

"No, I didn't. We only talked, that's it." I admit to him, I don't know why I didn't kiss her, I mean, we were both hammered and even if I had, she probably wouldn't have even remembered it.

Who am I kidding, of course she'd remember it, I'm very memorable.

"Bullshit. The way you two were looking at each other all night... you definitely kissed." He bangs on and I just groan.

"No, Iwan. We didn't." I say once again.

"You totally did."

"We totally did not." I rub the shampoo over my head and scrub, letting the water take away the soapy substance as I stand under the water.

It's not uncommon for the two of us to have a conversation while one is in the shower, however it is very common for him to annoy me while we do. Nosy bastard.

"But you wanted to." He then says which makes me stop in my tracks for a few moments.

I let the water run off my body and eventually step out of the shower and put a towel around my waist. Rubbing another one over my hair and face, I dry off my arms and stomach in the mirror before looking at Iwan.

"That's a different story." I step into my room and over to into my wardrobe. "Now fuck off into the shower, we've got places to be." I tell him and listen as he stand up from my bed and walks into the bathroom.

"Yes sir." He calls out as he does and I just shake my head and the absolute moron, I call my best friend.