chapter twenty | cookies and flour

C A R T E R M A D D O C K S

WHAT THE HELL am I playing at? If I hadn't have called her over she would've just walked straight past me. Why didn't I let her go straight past me?

And then the flirting. Don't tell me there wasn't flirting going on. But, she was doing it too, it was coming from her as well, it wasn't just one sided.

I don't even know what's going on anymore, my head is such a mess when it comes to her. I want her, I know that.

But, why? We've gotten closer for sure, but... oh I don't even know anymore.

And now I'm in her dads office with Iwan snooping around like a crazy person.

"Iwan, Stop that." I grumble at him from my place on the sofa. Gareth has moved in to Coach Swift's office, with his own little corner now. He has photos and all sorts on his desk and walls, and Iwan has spent the last ten minutes looking over every individual one.

"I can't help it, Carter. He's so cool." Iwan talks back like a little kid, I shake my head at him and just lean in further to the chair.

"You look like a crazy person." I tell him.

"I am a crazy person." He says back, climbing up onto a chair to look at the shelves above the desk.

"Iwan, seriously man, get down, you're going to hurt yourself!" I huff now. I'm not wrong, the man is like a four year old child. He will fall, and he will hurt himself. And just like always, I'll be the one who has to go and save him.

It's then the door to the office opens up and Iwan jumps from the chair and lands on the floor. Hissing when he lands on his ankle awkwardly.

"Hello, boys." Gareth says as he walks through the office. Iwan manages to slide down beside me without him noticing and I sigh as he does.

Child.

"Thank you for coming down and seeing me, I undertand I'm taking time out of your lessons." Gareth sits down on his chair and puts down the clipboard he was reading off of.

"All good, Mr G." Iwan nods towards him. Mr G. That's what he had asked us to call him because he didn't like Mr Leighton.

Gareth takes in a big breath before speaking. "I believe you two have the best potential with going professional in rugby. Carter, I know you've gotten the call up already so don't feel too obligated to have to do this, but if you want it, it's here for you." He breathes out and leans forward in his chair, placing his hands on his knees. "I want to train you guys, just us three, Ben may join us once or twice but it's mainly us. It'll be really beneficial for all three of us, it's completely up to you guys, but if you'd like-"

"Yes!" Iwan jumps up a little from his seat, looking like he's just been told he's getting a puppy for Christmas.

"Yeah, I'd love that." I say moments after, a little less enthusiastic than Iwan.

"Perfect." Gareth claps his hands on his knees as he stands. "Let me just get a few things sorted and I'll send you guys emails."

We finish the conversation there and Iwan and I both leave the offices. The moment we get outside Iwan starts to jump around like a little child. "Yes, Mother fucker!" He yells as he jumps around using my shoulders. "We won, Lad. We won at life!"