chapter forty | kiss me

C A R T E R   M A D D O C K S

"HOWS MY DAUGHTER?" My throat closes up as he asks the question. Oh my god, does he know?

I'm not sure what there is to know, but I'm still scared.

"She's good?" I ask it more rather than say it, but it clearly doesn't matter because he doesn't notice.

"Is she? How's she doing with school? I know you guys are good friends." Gareth adds on.

"Yeah, we are. And she's good, she's doing really well." I tell him, catching the ball that he throws towards me as we enter his house.

We spent the morning going through drills, and now we're heading back to his house.

Stepping into his house, I catch a whim of his wife sat in the front room. Her eyes land on me and I walk on over. "Hi, Mrs Leighton. How're you?" I ask and she smiles back at me.

"Hello, Carter." She nods across the room and that's when I notice Mellie sat on the other side of the room.

"Hi Mellie," I acknowledge and she smiles at me.

"Hi Carter,"

I nod goodbye to the both of them and walk back into the kitchen. "Carter, are you excited to start playing professionally?" Gareth asks as I step into the room. He passes me a water bottle which I gratefully take.

"Yeah. I'm a little nervous truth be told, but I am excited." I explain and he nods.

"There's no need to be nervous though, you'll be fine. You're a great player Carter, I know you're constantly told this but it's the truth." He adds and a smile falls on my lips.

"Thank you, sir," I say, acknowledging that I am talking to the guy I've looked up to my whole life.

"You're welcome. But, it's Gareth, Carter. None of that sir stuff," he adds and I nod.

After a few more minutes of talking, I eventually leave, climbing into my car I drive a few houses down before stopping and texting her.

Climbing out my car, I make my way back towards her house and climbing up the side of her house and into her window. Just as I do, she bursts into her room, a smile on her face.

I get into her room and stand, walking over to her and putting my hand on her face. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," she says and I lean down, "kiss me." She says and I do.

I kiss her hard, pushing her down onto her bed and climbing on top. Her hands fall to the back of my head and my hands rake through her hair.

"Hey, tomorrow I've got to go and see Molly, if you pick me up after, we can go to my house." I explain to her, "It'll be just us, Beth's over here, and my parents are in work."

"Okay." She breathes out between kisses, "but first I have a question." She says and i sigh, putting my head down on her shoulder.

"Oh god." I say. "No more questions." I add, remembering last night, and her bloody questions on caterpillars and pigs. Would I love her if she was a caterpillar.

Obviously I would, I'd love her if she was a piece of dirt on my shoe, but that isn't the point.

"No." She laughs. "I was just going to ask if you wanted to go out for lunch, there's nothing here and I'm hungry, plus you've been out with dad all day so I know you're hungry." She says and a smile grows across my face.

"Sure, let's go," I say, and go to stand, but she pulls me back.

"Okay, we'll go." She says. "But kiss me first." She pulls her lips onto mine and I kiss back.

Yeah, I seriously love this girl.

AUTHOR SPEAKS !!

a very small one I know, but I'm just very exited for this book to be over soon and this is just a small filler

I'm sure you'll all be glad to know I've planned the rest of this book out, however I'd like to know if you want me to write it all out and then post it all together, or continue to what I'm doing with publishing after I've written?

anyways, hope you're all enjoying

see you in the next
love you always

-kbabyyx