chapter fifty one | blow up the school

C A R T E R M A D D O C K S

THE MAY SUN beams down over my back garden, Mellie, Jess, Iwan, Tara, Dafydd, Oliver and Katie all lay down on the grass, soaking in the sun.

I'd say the hangover got to everyone, you'd think they'd all want to be dying in their own beds, but no, they'd rather die in my back garden.

The sun does feel nice on my skin, but I'd still rather be in bed dying.

Mellie lays next to me, her arms over her eyes as she lays flat on the back, talking to Jess about school.

"We finish school next month." Jess says, leaning over to Mellie on her stomach. "What are we doing for that?"

"What do you mean?" Mellie asks, removing her hand and turning to look at Jess.

"What are we going to do for the end of school? Does anyone have any ideas?" Jess asks, looking around the grass at everyone.

"No." Tara groans, "Jess, that's ages away."

"No it's not." Jess bites back, "it's only a couple of weeks. And then we'll all be free for a couple of months until Carter has to leave us." She turns and looks at me, giving me a guilty smile, so she's using me to guilt trip everyone, lovely.

"We could go out drinking?" Ollie offers up, everyone groans, and Iwan retches, doubling over.

"I'm never drinking again." He groans, putting his hands over his eyes and pushing the balls of his hands into his eyes.

"Sure you're not." Ollie laughs. Iwan shoots him a look and he laughs harder now, "Fine, then." He shakes his head. "A party without alcohol?"

Mellie sits up which causes my attention to go to her, "you okay?" I mouth and she nods, moving over closer to me as she lays her head down on my stomach and closes her eyes once again.

I place my hand on her hair and play with the ends of it, watching her lips part as she slowly breathes.

"A party without alcohol?" Katie laughs at her boyfriend. "Babe that's what you call a children's party. No one will want to come to that." She explains and Ollie sighs.

"Alright, don't come at me for my idea's. No one else is giving any." He groans.

"A sleepover?" Jess offers up a couple seconds later.

"Baby, we're not twelve." Iwan laughs. But then his eyes widen as an idea comes into his mind. "We could blow up the school!"

"What." I say, shock riddle in my voice.

"Iwan, no."

"Dude."

"Iwan you can't blow up the school." Mellie giggle from her place on me, although she has now turned her head to look at Iwan. "You know that's... wrong, right?"

"Well I mean, the school would end with us then." He shrugs.

"Again, what?" I say. He's so weird sometimes, and although I don't think he would actually blow up the school, I wouldn't put it past him to come up with a plan and almost do it.