chapter thirty five | not forgetting about her

C A R T E R M A D D O C K S

THE PUB IS rammed. Filled with people that I don't even know.

But, the moment I saw her walk in, everything stopped. She's with her family, they're on the opposite side of the pub. I can't even see her.

Yet, I can't stop thinking about her.

"Shit." Iwan mumbles out. "I didn't know she'd be here." He pushes the beer closer to me. "Drink up buddy. You're going to need it."

"Whats going on?" Harry questions from beside Tom.

"Carter and his Missus had a bit of a domestic and now they're not talking." Ollie pipes up and I shoot him a look.

"She's not my missus." I bite out. Putting the pint down and staring out into space. I really wish she was.

"What happened, Carter?" Tom asks. I got to answer him, but stop when I watch her round the corner of the bar, with her little sister in front of her.

I lock eyes with her but she quickly looks away. For fuck sake, just look at me Mel.

"Hey, Mellie." Iwan says and I almost punch him. Why's he doing that? She obviously doesn't want to talk to us, talk to me.

"Hi, Iwan." She offers him a smile before disappearing into the bathroom.

"Dickhead." I elbow him in the stomach when the coast is clear.

"What?" He cries out trying to breath.

"Why'd you do that for?" I question, leaning back in the chair slighting.

"Because she's my friend? I wasn't the one who kissed another girl, she still likes me." The table erupts into laughter as I just stare at him. I go to elbow him again but he jumps from the table laughing.

"Okay, Okay. I'm sorry." He sits back down beside me laughing to himself.

BY THE THIRD hour I decide I'm way too sober to do this anymore. The amount of times I've wanted to get up and walk over to her. Kiss and and hold her.

She's walked past a million and one times with her siblings taking them to the bathroom. Each time Iwan creating a conversation with her. She laughs and smiles and not once does she look at me.

I hate him for it.

He's drunk out of his arse, and I'm sober enough to drive, so we leave.

I throw him in the back of the car so if he pukes it's not all over me. I drive straight to his house, help him in and even tuck him in, putting his own puke bowl next to him on the floor and tell him it's there even though he never uses it and always tries to get to the bog but fails.

I leave and slowly drive home. Just taking everything in and trying to make sense of it all. It really doesn't make sense to me.

She's told me she doesn't want to be with me, and yet I'm still wanting her, hoping she'll change her mind and come back, because if she doesn't, I don't know how I'm going to survive.

I get home and go straight to my room. Stripping off and pulling on joggers because I don't think I'm going to sleep yet. My minds going 100 miles an hour right now.

God, why couldn't she have just let me explain. I've tried to over message but it's just not the same as if I told her in person.

And what she meant with the other boy? I'm just like him? What's that supposed to mean? I don't even know who he is? Am I that bad?

What did he do? Am I supposed to hate this guy?

I spend the next hour and a bit just staring up at the ceiling. I'm not quite sure what to do. I've had to refrain from calling her again.

Not that she'd even pick up. But still. I don't want her to think I'm forgetting about her, because I'm really fucking not.

Just as my eyes close and I'm about to fall asleep, just as my brain slows down and I'm no longer stressing about her, the door bell rings.