chapter thirty one | i love her

C A R T E R   M A D D O C K S

"WAIT SO EXPLAIN it to me again." Iwan groans out from his place next to me in class.

It had been a few days since the argument with Mellie and I. She's ignored me completely every day, in class, in school, in groups.

I decided to come clean to Iwan with what had happened between everything, from the first kiss to the last few days.

"Why? I've already told you three times." I grumble out. He's got his pen in hand and scribbling on the table, writing down names and bullet points underneath each name: Elise, Carter, and, Mellie. "You better be planning to rub that off."

Iwan rolls his eyes, but nods his head. "I will." He writes one more point under Elise's name before turning to me. "Let me get this straight. You kissed Mellie. You started up some sort of weird situation where you're together but not together." I nod my head as he waits for my answer. "After I left you that morning, Elise kissed you, you pushed her away, and went into school, you didn't think of it again?"

"Fuck no. If I thought it would've been that big of a deal I would've told Mellie myself. But I didn't see Elise the rest of the day, how am I supposed to know she was going to do all that?" I start to get aggravated just thinking about the lie.

"Then Mellie and you got into an argument, and you haven't spoke since?"

"Exactly."

He writes something else down and sighs. "Right, okay. I think we can work with this."

"Work with this?" I laugh. "Work with this how? She won't listen to a word I say. She avoids me at every cost. How the hell can we work with this?" I whisper yell at him, watching the smirk on his face grow. "What the fuck are you laughing at."

"You."

"Why me?"

"Because you're in loove" he drawls on and I just laugh at him. In love my arse, I'm not in love.

"No I'm not." I argue back, crossing my arms over my chest and leaning back in my chair. "Don't say that."

"Let me ask you a question. Pick the first answer that comes to your mind." He leans over to me and taps his pen against my arm.

I roll my eyes but eventually sigh giving in. How else am I supposed to waste a lesson I don't even like.

"The game, or the girl?" He asks. I don't even think about it, my mind immediately flashes to her and I speak before I even have chance to register what I'm about to say.

"The girl, always the girl."

"There's your answer then. Tell her that." He pats my chest and moves away a little. "Rugby is your whole life, it always has been. But if you want her, little ol' Mellie Leighton, more than you want that red jersey, then lad, you're in love." He giggles to himself like a little girls and once again I roll my eyes.

Child.

But, fair play, it does get me thinking. Mellie. I want her, I like her. If it came down to everything in the world, it would be her.

I'd rather spend my life running after her, than running after that ball. I've worked so hard for that, it's only a few months away. But the moment she walked into my life, got the wrong number and helped me with that fucking piece of homework, it was her. 

Holy fuck. The stupid blond prick is right. I do love her.

I told her I couldn't go back to behind friends. I couldn't, it would've been too painful, but this, not letting her know I love her. That's painful.

I want to walk out of the class and find her. Pull her into a classroom and admit it all. Tell her I'd throw everything out the window for her.

But she won't even look at me.

I miss her like crazy. If anything, she had become my best friend. And now she's gone. All because I wasn't carful with who saw Elise kissing me, and I didn't warn Mellie.

I didn't want Elise to kiss me, I didn't ask for it, but people in this school will find anything and run with it. I should've known something like this would've happened.

It's too late now. She hates me. And I love her.

Fuck, I'm so screwed.

"Talking to yourself about how much you love Mellie?" Iwans voice fills my ears. My hand palms his face as I push him away.

"Fuck you."

"But you are right? I've just given you some sort of internal breakthrough, correct?" He asks, getting all excited.

"Go away, Iwan." I mumble out, not listening to him.

"Oh I totally have, God, I'm so fucking great sometimes." He laughs to himself and starts playing with his fingers. Something he does when he's extremely excited but can't jump around like an animal.

Normal I would find some way for us to get excused so he could go run on the fields like a kid. But my mind is running on its own field at the moment.

I love her.

AUTHOR SPEAKS !!

Another shorter one I know I'm sorry!!

Buttt, we've had a breakthrough!!! And all because of iwan. What a little cutie.

I hope you're all enjoying Carter and Mellie's story as much as I am, please don't forget to vote and comment, do not be a silent reader!

Thank you all for 4k readsss,
see you in the next.

Love you always,

-kbabyyx