chapter twenty seven | i like you

C A R T E R   M A D D O C K S

HER. SHE IS all I have been able to think about for days. I took her back to mine after Jess' party. That night and the one before, playing on my mind every night.

"We really should go to sleep." She laughs out from beneath me, her legs wrapped around my waist as I hold myself up with my elbows.

I'm so tired I could sleep right this second, but I don't want to.

"Yeah." I breath against her neck, kissing the marks I put there only a few days ago. "We should."

"Go then." She laughs. "I'll see you in the morning." She tries to push me off her. I reluctantly move, standing up, but dragging her along with me. There's a major height difference between us, but I still keep my eyes on her. She's gorgeous.

I want her so bad. In every possible way, I just want her to be mine. Kissing isn't enough, I need her. The label, the relationship, not even sex, I could go without that. Just her. Her personality, her smile, her fucking laugh.

God I love her laugh.

Throwing the covers off of my legs like a child, I lean over to the table beside my bed and take my phone.

It's two thirty in the morning, she might be asleep, especially for a Friday, but it's worth a shot.

MELLIE LEIGHTON :

ME : mel, you awake?

Only a few seconds go by until my phone vibrates and her name pops up on the screen.

MELLIE : yeah , what's up?

ME : can I pick you up?
ME : we can go for a drive?

MELLIE : sure

ME : see you in ten

I immediately climb up off my bed, not to disturb Beth or my parents. Walking straight over to my clothes and throwing on a pair of joggers and a shirt, I can't find my hoodie that I need so it must be in my car, I'll get it when I get there.

Putting on my shoes and grabbing my keys and phone, I slide out of my bedroom and down the stairs carefully out of the house and onto the drive. Getting in my car, I swap my shirt for my hoodie I left here, and throw it in the back.

Turning on the engine and heaters, I make my way over to Mellie's house, a pit of excitement grows as I get closer and closer. I fucking miss the girl, what is happening to me?

I get to her house and try my best to quietly park up, I don't turn the engine off, but pray Iwan is fast asleep because he is weirdly good and noticing my car, and if he noticed it outside Mellie's house he wouldn't shut up.

Moments later, she slides out of her front door and over my my car. Climbing in, she smiles over at me and pulls on her seatbelt. "Hi."

"Hi." I begin to drive away from her house and towards the mountains. I have no idea in mind of where to go, but I'll drive for as long as possible just so I can spend time with her.