chapter twenty two | such a girl

C A R T E R M A D D O C K S

I ALMOST KISSED her. I was so fucking close to as well. I don't know what came over me.

I fucking drove her home too? Why? I wanted to spend more time with her that's why, making up the bullshit lies of feeling bad. I mean, I did feel bad about making her leave her car in school, but still.

I didn't sleep all night. I couldn't. I ordered in a pizza for dinner last night, and while I went into Beth's room to give her and Seren their pizza, I swear Seren was looking into my soul like she knew what I had done.

It actually getting painful now. I might genuinely die if I don't have her. I want her. I need her. I think I've got fucking feelings for the girl.

After an hour I'm the gym this morning, going home, showering and getting ready for school, I drove to the other side of town just like I had promised to.

Pulling up outside her house, I wait a couple of minutes for her to walk out of her front door. She looks exactly like she does everyday. Uniform, bag, shiny lips, which makes them incredibly kissable, and pin straight hair.

She skips down the steps, and walks on over to the other side of the car. I would get out and open it, but honestly, after last night I don't want to scare her away all that much.

She slides into the passengers seat, "Morning." She smiles.

"Morning." I smile back, starting the engine back up and driving off from her house just as the rest of her siblings pile out of the house.

"So." She starts. She's making conversation, that's good, that means she doesn't hate me, right? "I probably shouldn't be telling you this, but I really want to."

"Tell me what?" I question, keeping my eyes on the road, even though I so badly want to turn my head and watch her.

"Wait, actually no." I see in the corner of my eye as she shakes her head. "It's not my place to tell you, I really shouldn't."

"Melanie. Spill." I say. You can't say something like that and then not tell me, I want to know. And if it's her speaking, I'll listen to anything.

I watch her turn her head to look at me, her big green/brown eyes looking at the side of my head. "I really shouldn't." She shakes.

"Mel, do you realise you can't say that to someone?" I question.

"Say what?"

"I have something to tell you, and then not fucking tell them. That's like the prime level of torture. I swear, it's probably tactics the mafia use on their own people to get them to own up or something, it's horrible." I take a quick look at her when she doesn't speak again. She has a huge smile on her face and when I look over she turns her head. "What?"

"Nothing." She shakes her head. "If I tell you though, you have to promise to not say you found out from me, when he tells you."

He? Who's he?

"Okay." I nod along anyway.

She sucks in a breath before finally answering me. "Iwan kissed Jess."