Chapter 16: Past Deaths

Returning to you in the bathroom, you were looking at your recent death. You were shocked to see this.

(Y/N): Why are you here?

Past Life 9: We should talk about what's going on.

(Y/N): The bounty hunter?

Past Life 9: Well, that, and about you.

You point to yourself and say

(Y/N): Me?

Past Life 9 nods.

Past Life 9: Look, I came here to tell you that what you're doing is right. Becoming the next king of dragons, talking to people, hanging out with those girls. You're changing your fate. You might have a chance to live. You won't get all your lives back, but you'll be happy.

(Y/N): You think so?

Past Life 9: Yes. Because I tried to do the same thing as you did.

You become shocked

(Y/N): And then you died.

Past Life 9: Exactly.

You slowly open the bathroom door and look at the girls through the crack. They're soundly asleep.

(Y/N): Wow... before, I didn't have any friends. Now... I have this weird feeling in my chest. (Looks to the spirit of Past Life 9) What is this that I feel?

Past Life 9: It's called love. Your love for them is there, and they have the same feelings for you. Think about it, all those head pets, the nuzzles you give them, Twilight being your girlfriend, and the love they gave you after you told them about the bounty hunter, deep down they care. Just like you do. You helped restore their friendships and they helped you to never be alone. You owe your life to them. That's another reason to live.

You think about what Past Life 9 said. You look back at your wrist and you say to yourself

(Y/N): One life is better than none. (back to Past Life 9) Would I ever see you again?

Past Life 9: You definitely will. Go rest up. You have a big day tomorrow.

You then proceed to go back to the girls and go back to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------

You and the Rainbooms are at Sweet Apple Acres, practicing the musical counter-spell in the barn next to the house.

Spike: Eh, that sounded... way better than the last... five times you've played it. Heh heh.

Big Mac: Nnope.

You then turn to notice Big Mac. Then you turn back to the girls.

Rainbow Dash: I think it's pretty obvious what's going wrong with this counter-spell.

Applejack: You're turnin' what should be the chorus into a five-minute guitar solo?

(Y/N): That's one way of putting it.

Rainbow Dash: I have to pick up the slack somehow! Are you guys even trying?!

Fluttershy: I'm trying.

(Y/N): And you're doing great Flutters.

Fluttershy blushed.

Twilight: It's fine. It'll be fine. One more time from the top!