Chapter 26: Testing Magic

You, the Dazzlings, and the Rainbooms are heading to rehearsal in the music. You're right now talking to the Dazzlings about their new magic.

(Y/N): So, how are the new pennants coming along?

Adagio: I never felt so happy. All of this positive energy is just flowing through me.

Aria: Yeah. These pennants you gave us are great.

Sonata: I'll say. It's so good to have all this positive energy inside us.

(Y/N): That's great to hear.

When you and the girls arrive to the music room, you see Sunset setting up some lab equipment. You go over and look at it curiously.

(Y/N): What, uh... what's all this, Sunny?

Rainbow Dash: Yeah. I thought we were rehearsing.

Sunset: Well, you are. Sort of. Back when I was Princess Celestia's student, I learned best by going out into the field and actually doing something. Studying ancient books is fine for some people, but I like to solve magical mysteries by rolling up my sleeves and getting my hooves... uh, hands dirty.

She puts on some gloves.

(Y/N): So you're turning us into human guinea pigs? Is that where you're going with this?

Sunset nods.

Sunset: But I'm not testing it on you. I get an understanding of how your abilities work.

(Y/N): So everyone but me gets tested?

Sunset: Exactly. This also includes Twilight since she has something important to attend to back in Equestria.

(Y/N): Right.

It's true. Twilight wasn't there. She was back in Equestria for this week.

Applejack: I can relate to working hard outdoors but what the hay does that have to do with us playin' music?

Sunset: I'm trying to figure out how magic works here. Why you grow ears, tails, and wings when you pony up, and what your instruments have to do with it.

(Y/N): Hm. That is true. I've also wondered how magic works here.

Fluttershy: Um, are you sure we need to figure it out?

Sunset: It'll be fun. Just start playing, you won't even know I'm here. (Y/N), I could use you to help me out with this. Get an extra set of hands.

(Y/N): Oh. Uh... sure.

Sunset's tests soon began. Fluttershy was the first to go as she began to play her tambourine while Sunset stood by and watched her energy via a nearby monitor. The energy lines soon became shaped like a butterfly which baffled Sunset as she looked back to notice that Fluttershy had begun to Pony-Up. Then a wave of pink butterflies materialized from all around her as the lights in the room blacked out. The swarm of butterflies continued their fluttering as one landed on Sunset's nose. One also landed on your nose and you sneezed.

 One also landed on your nose and you sneezed