Chapter 17: The Battle of Life and Kings

You follow Dusk under his control back to the stage and join the Dazzlings. They were surprised to see you when you and Dusk got back. Adagio looks at you.

Adagio: So, the plan worked?

Dusk: It went differently than I was expecting it to go, but I still managed to get him.

Adagio: Good. With him out of the way, we have nothing to worry about.

Adagio and Aria gave sinister looks. Sonata was worried about you.

----------------------------------------------------------

Later with the Rainbooms, after Trixie had pulled a lever that opened a trapdoor.  The Rainbooms have been stuck under the stage for hours. Rainbow tries to get the door down.

Applejack: Give it up, Rainbow Dash. You've been tryin' at this for hours. It's not gonna open.

Twilight: Maybe it doesn't even matter that we're trapped down here. I don't think the counter-spell would have worked anyway.

Applejack: Of course, it would have worked, Twilight. Assumin' a certain band member didn't try to hog the spotlight the whole time we were tryin' to play it!

Rainbow Dash: Hey! If you wanna tell Twilight she's getting a little too caught up trying to be the new leader of this band, you don't have to be all cryptic about it.

Rarity: She was talking about you, Rainbow Dash!

Rainbow Dash: Me?! I'm just trying to make sure my band rocks as hard as it needs to!

All: OUR BAND!!

Twilight: But why wasn't it working? I should know what to do. How could I not know what to do? How could I have failed like this?

Sunset gets nervous as she observes her friends.

Applejack: It might've been your idea to start a band, but it's not just your band, Rainbow Dash!

Rainbow Dash: I'm the one who writes all the songs!

Fluttershy: I write songs! You just never let us play any of them!

Rarity: I had the most perfect outfits for us to wear!

Applejack: Again with the costumes! No one cares what we're wearin'!

Rarity: I care, Applejack! So sorry if I enjoy trying to make a creative contribution to the band!

Pinkie: Hey! Anybody here remember fun?! I'll give you a hint: It's the exact opposite of being in the Rainbooms!

Rarity: I wish I never asked any of you to be in this band!

Fluttershy and Applejack: Me neither!

Pinkie Pie: We should've just quit, or run away like (Y/N) did.

Twilight: He only ran away because he was afraid of Death.

Soon the arguing grows. Green mist emerges from them and floats into the air. Sunset saw what was going on and was desperate for you to come back.

Sunset: Oh (Y/N), please be okay. Please don't be dead.

Twilight notices Sunset. She walks over to her and says.

Twilight: I know (Y/N) will be alright.

Sunset then worries and hugs Twilight. She hugs Sunset back.

----------------------------------------------------------

On the stage, Trixie's band finished their song and fireworks were going off, causing the audience to cheer. The Dazzlings were backstage, wearing new outfits.