Chapter 30: Making Banners

After some pictures are taken, you head to the gym where you find: Flash Sentry, Sandalwood, and Micro Chips.

(Y/N): Hey, guys! Hello Vice Principal Luna!

Vice Principal Luna: (Y/N), you know you can just call me Luna, right?

(Y/N): I know. I just prefer to say the title name. I'm not disrespectful to anyone.

She blushes at this.

(Y/N): Anyway, what's going on here?

Vice Principal Luna: Well, I need you four to make a banner for the Friendship Games.

(Y/N): Really? All four of us?

Vice Principal Luna: I'm sure you'll come up with the perfect sign that lets the Crystal Prep kids feel welcome but also conveys that we are stiff competition.

Micro Chips: One hundred percent!

Flash Sentry: Oh, yeah, sure!

Sandalwood: Totally.

(Y/N): Of course we can!

Vice Principal Luna: I'll be back in an hour to see what you've come up with.

Luna then walks out of the gym. You and the guys then start to brainstorm ideas.

(Y/N): Alright. Game plan. What ideas do we have?

Flash Sentry: I got it! We should decorate it with the sheet music to my song "Love in a Flash". It'll show them we're talented while welcoming them in with the universal language of music.

Micro Chips: I was thinking we could paint a model of DNA. It shows that we're smart but invites them in with the very fiber of our being.

Sandalwood: But what we should do is portray peace through art. One love, bros.

Flash Sentry: What about you (Y/N).

(Y/N): I was thinking of a dragon idea, but I'll keep brainstorming some stuff.

Sandalwood: Sweet, dude.

Microchips: Are dragons usually on your brain?

(Y/N): Not always, but a lot of the times, yes.

You and the boys work on the banner. Flash was putting sheet music on his part of the banner. Micro Chips was working on a DNA algorithm on his part of the banner. While Sandalwood was working on putting his spirit guide on his banner. You, however, were struggling to come up with an idea.

(Y/N): Hmm. What to do?

When Micro Chips was getting glitter on Sandalwood's art, he pushed him away.

Sandalwood: Dude!

Micro got paint all over his glasses.

Micro Chips: (gasps) What did you do?!

Micro was shaking a glitter shaker and some glitter

Flash Sentry: Watch the hair, man!

You then saw them fighting. You tried to stop them, but you looked at their art.

Sandalwood: You're harshing the flow!

He then throws paint on Micro's DNA

Micro Chips: Hey, you did that on purpose!

Micro then sees Flash writing over his DNA.

Micro Chips: (gasps) My friendship algorithm!

Micro then paints over Flash's chorus.

Flash Sentry: Hey! You just projectile-scienced all over my chorus!

Micro Chips: Well, you guys painted all over my molecular structures!

Sandalwood: And how am I supposed to paint my spirit guide when there's DNA and a treble clef in the way?

Flash Sentry: Oh, I don't know! Ask your spirit guide!

All but you: You're ruining my design!

You then came up with an idea. You turn into a Night Fury and walk away. The guys were looking at you confused. You then go into your backpack and pull out a pencil that is big enough to bite on. You then go to the banner and start to draw.

(Author's note: Reference)

You start to draw all over everyone's work. They watch in somewhat of anger and confusion. You start by drawing something zen-related, then you start to draw a DNA strand, and then music notes. You then step into the paint and make dragon paw prints. You then draw some dragon notes, a dragon DNA strand, and a dragon with a peace symbol. The guys were impressed by what you were doing. After you are done, you wipe the paint off of you and back up. The guys look at your banner. They were a little annoyed you drew over their work, but then they liked the work.

Flash Sentry: Wow! This looks awesome! The music notes are incredible!

Microchips: This DNA Strand looks amazing!

Sandalwood: The zen on this is really vibing! Nice work, (Y/N)!

You put the pencil down and revert to human form.

(Y/N): Thanks, guys.

Vice Principal Luna then walks back inside. She clears her throat. Everyone turns to her.

Vice Principal Luna: My, oh, my!

Micro: We're really-

Vice Principal Luna: Proud of yourselves, I hope. This is wonderful!

Flash Sentry: It is?

Vice Principal Luna: It's inspiring but still warm and welcoming. I love how your work is literally enmeshed. Truly excellent work, boys.

Sandalwood: This was actually (Y/N)'s design.

(Y/N): I got the inspiration from everyone. This is just what happens when you allow love to lead the way, with song, and through the self-replicating material present in nearly all living organisms. Along with some dragons.

The guys gave you a thumbs-up.

Vice Principal Luna: (chuckles) That's great to hear. Good job (Y/N).

She then runs to you and pets your head. You start to lightly blush.

(Y/N): (thinking) Is it weird that I'm getting a crush on my Vice Principal? I'm sure Dragon Law allows this. I could be wrong though.

After she's done rubbing your head, she looks back at the other guys.

Vice Principal Luna: Now just add "Welcome Crystal Prep", and I'd like to see five more by the end of the day. Thanks, boys!

She then walks out. After she leaves, you and the rest of the guys groan.

(Y/N): Well, I'll get to work on drawing.

You then chuckled along with the other guys.

----------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in another part of the world

We see a male unknown figure and a female unknown figure reading a note you sent. After reading, the male figure puts the note down.

???: (Y/N), my old friend, I'm coming to find you. I can't wait to see you again.

To be continued...

(Ok. Now the shorts are out of the way, we can now move on to the next part. The games will officially begin.)