1_Flashback

Jieun's POV

It was one of those days when you feel like your whole world has collapsed and you have nowhere to hide. And here I was wandering around in the empty streets of Seoul. Alone as I have been for the last four years. Immersed in my thoughts.

It was four years ago when I lost my precious ones. I was finally starting to get on my feet after that terrible day but after what I witnessed today everything came back to haunt me.

.

.

.

"Noona, wake up! If you don't get up now you will be late for your graduation ceremony." my little brother, Gun Woo, yelled while entering my bedroom. 

"Just five more minutes..." I said half awake "I'll be on time don't worry". Without waiting even a second Gun Woo jumped on my bed and took the blanket away. He started messing with my hair while giggling by himself. He was only 8 years old. I suddenly grabbed him and started tickling him. 

"That's what you get from torturing your noona" I said playfully and he broke out in tears from the laughter. Oh I loved this little creature so much.

It was my last day in highschool and i had to be at school an hour earlier than usual. I quickly ate a piece of bread with marmalade that mom had prepared and rashed out of the house. My best friend So Ra was waiting for me by the door of our frontyard.

"Goodmo-" I tried to say when she grabbed my hand and started running.

"Come on we'll be late again. At least today we should get there on time." 

I met So Ra in highschool and we've been inseparable for the last 3 years. It feels like we are soulmates. We complete each other and we have the best time whenever we are together.

.

.

.

We reached the school gates before the bell rang and went in the hallroom to find our seats. My parents would be coming too with Gun Woo. The time passed and everything was going smoothly. It was my class's turn now and our homeroom teacher started calling out our names in alphabetical order. After the ceremony had finished I tried to search for my family but they were nowhere to be found.

I started worrying a little when my teacher came to me with an sympathetic look on his face.

"Come with me" he said. I followed him as I sensed that something bad had happened. He took me in the office to inform me that my parents had a car accident and unfortunatelly nobody survived. My little brother was with them too.

I started screaming and crying unable to realise that what he said was true. But despite my screams and tears I couldn't change the fact that I had lost everything