2_First_meeting

Jieun's POV

It has already been four years since that day. I have been trying to cut every connection with my past life because everything and every one reminded me of my family and it was just too painful. I moved out of my house and bought a new appartment here in Seoul. Nothing much. I managed to do so with the money my mom had been keeping for emergency situations. I am also studying music at the moment. Music is the only thing that helps me sooth my pain and I decided to engage with it professionally so here i am now being a piano major.

Everything seemed to have gotten back on track until i witnessed a car accident yesterday. All the memories started haunting me again. I took my ipod and started walking in the empty streets at night. I felt tired at some point and sat on a bench at the park. With my hood on i closed my eyes and listened to my favourite boyband, BTS. 

I know it might sound silly but somehow these seven boys with their passion for music and life have helped me a lot to recover gradually. I started humming one of their songs, "Just one day", when I noticed that somebody was sitting beside me on the bench. He was wearing a hood and a mask making it impossible for me to make out his characteristics. He looked a little suspisious and I started feeling uncomfortable.

"Hello" he said in a peacefull tone, as he had realised that I was kinda nervous.

"He.. hello" I stattered obviously surprised. 

"Do you come here often? It's the first time I've seen you." he said

"Umm, no usually I don't go out for walks this late at night so... What about you?" I asked cautiously.

"Oh, I'm here almost every night. It helps me relax from the hectic routine." he answered.

I was still listening to music and there was an awkward silence between us.

"What are you listening to?" he asked after a few moments. The atmosphere was so awkward between us that I just wanted to start laughing.

"Hmm, it's BTS a new boyband! I like their music so much! They help me get away from my problems..." I went on talking about BTS without realising it. "Oh, sorry all this must sound boring to you."

"No, no. I actually like seeing people talking about stuff they love. Your eyes where shining the whole time." he said unexpectedly. "It was cute" he mumbled and I noticed his cheeks getting a little red. 

Did he just call me cute? I felt my face burning and I'm sure that I was getting red so I tried to cover my face more with my hood.

We sat there chatting for hours about many different topics. I had a really great time. I looked at my watch and noticed that it was time for me to leave.

"I have to go now" I said while standing up.

"Umm ok" he said nervously. "No wait it's too dark I should walk you home" he stated and started walking next to me.

When we reached my appartment we both bowed and he left after saying goodnight in a sweet tone that made me feel warm and cozy something that i hadn't felt for a long time.