11_Childhood_friends

Jieun's POV

My first cooking lesson with Jin was over and I was on my way to get back home. 'He really knows how to cook after all' I thought as I was riding the bus and chuckled. I got off the bus and was only two blocks away from my house when I noticed somebody across the street looking around confused while stealing glances at the screen of his phone. I couldn't see him clearly and I decided to approach him in case he needed help since he seemed lost.

I crossed the street after double checking for any passing cars and approached him. He had his back turned on me so he didn't realise I was standing behind him until I spoke.

"Hello. You seem to be lost. Do you need help maybe. I live around here so I know the area quite yell" I said with a friendly tone. He stood still for a moment and then he suddenly turned to face me. 

"Jieun!" he exclaimed. "I finally found you" he hugged me tightly and lifted me up. After spinning around twice he let me go and it was then that I realised who he was.

"Sunggyu?! Is that you?" I asked automatically although I already knew it was him. 

Sunggyu is my childhood friend. We practically grew up together since our fathers were best friends and we lived next door to eah other so we spent most of our time as kids playing either at his house or mine. Unfortunately we got separated before entering high school because he had to move abroad with his family but we kept in touch.

At least until the accident happened. After that I just disappeared. I have to admit it though. I've really missed him. After all he was my dear friend and I also forgot to mention that he was my first love which I kept secret and never told him in order not to ruin our friendship.

"Ow so you do remember me miss" he said playfully

Millions of thoughts filled my mind in just seconds as I was trying to comprehend the situation. I felt a tear on my cheek and soon they started streaming down my face. His cheerful smile disappeared instantly and he caressed my cheek to wipe away the tears. He hugged me once again and I wrapped my arms around him tightly since I couldn't hold it in anymore and burst into tears.

We stayed like that for a few minutes and after he was sure I had calmed down he slowly let go.

"We have a lot to talk about. Let's go to your place" he said and held my hand. He started walking and I tugged on his sleeve.

"What is it?" he asked but kept walking

"My house is the other way" I said and he stoped. 

"I-I knew that. I just.. I just wanted to look around for a while since I'll be living in this area from now on" he said and winked at me.

"What? Really? Where? How come? When did you come back? How- "

"Hey hey. I see you're still the same talkative little girl I know." he stopped the storm of my questions and chuckled. "I'll tell you everything you want to know and so will you. Promise?" he said and extended his finger for a pinky promise.

"Promise" I answered and smiled wholeheartedly. 

We reached at my doorstep soon and he looked slightly confused. 

"You live on your own? But your old house was empty. Have your parents and Gunwoo moved to another house?" he asked. Obviously he didn't know anything. I gave him a sad smile and let him in.

"I'll explain everything. Come in. Make yourself at home."

We sat on the sofa close to each other. I told him about my family and he couldn't help but cry. I hugged him to help him feel better and told him that I am slowly overcoming the pain. He kept apologising about not being by my side all this time and blamed himself but I assured him that it's not his fault. I was the one who cut all ties with my past life. But now that I think about it I think that I'll soon be ready to confront it. 

After talking about the unfortunate and sad memories we started reminiscing about our childhood and all the adventures we've experienced together and we didn't realise it was getting late.

I checked my phone only to find out that it was way past midnight and there were no more buses.

"What should I do now?" Sunggyu mumbled. "Oh I'll call for a taxi. But where should I go. I don' t know any hotels nearby." he contemplated for a while. I was watching him from the kitchen and started giggling. He's still the same Gyu who always talked to himself when he was troubled. 

"So cute" I whispered and approached him. "Why don't you stay here? It's already late and you won't be able to find a hotel room easily at this hour."  I suggested and took him by surprise. His small eyes blinked a few times and he scratched the back of his head

"Okay. If you say so.." he replied and his ears turned slightly red. 

I'm so happy that he's back in my life. I can't wait to introduce JIn to him. I hope they'll get along well. After all they're both precious to me.