35_Gunwoo's_story

Jin's POV

It's so hard to believe what just happened. 

Jieun passed out and hasn't regained consciousness yet. I was holding her hand close to my chest when she opened her eyes. She looked at me and tears made their way to her cheeks.

"Jin, it was a dream, right? I saw Gunwoo all grown up visiting my appartment" she tried saying in between her sobs. "It felt so real. My little brother..."

I hugged her tightly. I hate seeing her like this but it must have been such a shock to see her brother who she thought had been dead for the past seven years.

"Baby, actually, it wa-" 

"Noona, you've woken up" Gunwoo said after entering the bedroom.

Jieun looked at the young boy and then at me. I gave her a warm smile and it took her a few moments to react.

She rushed to get up from the bed and hugged Gunwoo like there was no tomorrow. They both started crying and I left the room. They needed some time alone.

Everyone was worried for Jieun and still waiting outside. We already knew what happened. Gunwoo explained most of it while she was still unconscious.

It was true that he was in the car the day of the accident but he managed to escape.

Gunwoo's POV

"Noona don't cry, please" I said as I was wiping off her tears.

"Gunwoo, is this real? It really is you, right? But how is it even possible?" she asked not being able to believe that I'm standing alive in front of her.

"It is. It is possible." 

Life can be preety cruel sometimes, right? And this time it just happened to choose our family.

"What happened to you? Where have you been all these years? Are you okay?" she started attacking me with questions full of concern. My noona.

"I'll explain everything to you. I hope you have plenty of time." I said and smiled which made her tear up again.

"Just tell me the truth cause I think I'm going to lose it soon" she said and we both laughed at how tragic our situation was. 

I started talking and she carefully listened to what I had to say. Some times with wide eyes, others with tears in them.

That day we were getting ready to go to noona's graduation ceremony. I remember being excited about what to wear and how to act infront of my sister's classmates and teachers. I had to look cool.

-flashback-

We got to the car with mom and dad but on our way to the school we saw a woman looking lost as she was carrying her child on her back. He was unconscious and dad decided we should help them. 

After they both got in our car, dad started driving faster and that was what led to the accident.

The car crushed on a tree causing a huge impact. Mom and dad were uncoscious and I saw blood everywhere around me. The boy we had picked up was leaning on me with his eyes closed. He was around my age and I felt so scared.

I ran out of the car unable to think straight. I was too young to think straight.

The woman grabbed my hand and we started running together. We were still close to the car when it exploded. My ears hurt, my eyes too.

I could merely make out the woman saying something to me but I didn't understand what it was. She just helped me up and we continued running away from the car. 

-end of flashback-

"I don't remember anything else from that day. I only know that I woke up in a room with that woman next to me and I couldn't remember my own name. Apparently, the mind of an eight year old was too weak for such an experience. That woman tried to give me a new identity. She treated me like her son, the boy left back in our car" I explained

And until recently I believed I was that boy. My name was Woohyun and she was my mother. But one month ago she died. She was very sick and before leaving this world she told me the truth.

I wasn't able to remember anything at first but after connecting all the puzzle pieces my memory came back.

"That's when I started looking for you, noona. Luckily it wasn't hard to find you" I said and she held me in her arms.

"You've grown so much. Look, you're taller than your sister now" she said and I chuckled while I ruffled her hair. "Yah, respect your elders." she said and started tickling me.

We both laughed and kept messing around for a while until there was a knock on the door.

"Come in" noona said

"Sorry for interrupting but I wanted to say goodnight before leaving" the tall guy from before said

"Baby, my little brother is alive! He really is" she said happily and he smiled at her

Baby? He's dating my noona?