32_Visiting_his_family

Jin's POV

We finally arrived at home! I've missed this place so much. I think it's been about a year since I last came here. Our schedule usually doesn't allow us to travel so my parents are the ones who have been visiting me instead.

I've already talked to them about Jieun and dad was really eager to meet her. Mom on the other hand, didn't seem that excited and said that she would decide whether she approves of our relationship after learning more about her.

What would be a better way to prove that Jieun is the one for me other than introducing her to them tonight?

"This is your house? It is huge! But I love the garden the most, it's beautiful." Jieun said sounding all excited.

I was relieved that the anxiety she had all day disappeared when she saw the blooming flowers.

"It is, isn't it? Mom is responsible for everything you see in the garden" I said and she opened her mouth in awe. Hehe, she looked so cute. "Come on, let's go inside" I said before holding her hand to lead the way to the front door.

I decided to ring the doorbell instead of using my keys to enter. After all it was Jieun's first time here and it would be better not to barge in like I usually do. This is a special occasion.

"Jinnie! Welcome home" my father said after opening the door to see who it was.

He hugged me tightly and I did the same.

"Dad, how are you?"I asked after letting go of him and his eyes met with Jieun's.

A wide smile formed across his face and he patted my back before answering.

"I'm doing fine. Your mom has almost driven me crazy with the preparations today but I can handle it. It's already been more than thirty years that we're together but I still can't get used to her overreacting. Meh that's one thing I love about her so nevermind." he paused for a second and looked at Jieun. "And this beautiful young lady must be Jieun, the one who stole our little boy's heart" dad said and her cheeks turned bright red

"Annyeonghaseyo Mr Kim it's so nice to finally meet you" Jieun said and held out her hand for a handshake.

Dad shook her hand but before letting go he pulled her for a hug.

"You can call me dad. You're a part of our family and there's nothing you can do to avoid it" he pointed out and she giggled with his statement as she hugged him back.

"Okay... dad" she said and smiled brightly

It felt so nice looking at them getting along with each other.

"Please come in. It's so rude of me to keep you at the doorstep for so long. Come quickly." dad said and we followed his order.

As we walked inside Jieun kept giggling with my dad's lame jokes. He really seems to like her. I'm glad but mom is the difficult one here.

"Where is mom? And hyung? Isn't he coming too?" I asked after getting to the empty living room.

"Yes, of course he's coming. But he called to say they'll be a little late. Areum had a stomach ache and Ah Young had to put her to sleep. As for your mother she's probably upstairs getting ready."

My brother is five years older than me and he already has a lovely family. Ah Young is his sweet wife and Areum is my precious little niece. She's two years old but soon their family is going to get bigger since they're waiting for a new member to arrive. Ah Young is almost nine months pregnant but they still don't know the gender of the baby because they wanted it to be a surprise. I'll love him or her either way but admit that I'd like to have another little princess in the family.