23_Something's_not_right

Sungyu's POV

My shift had just ended and I was about to leave the cafe when my phone started ringing. I took it out of my pocket and noticed the name. It was Sora.  We have gotten a lot closer since I started hanging out with BTS. She's... she's a nice person

"Hello" I said answering the phone.

"Sunggyu you have to come to my place as soon as possible." she said and I could tell that something was wrong. She rarely called me Sunggyu.

"Why? What happened? Are you hurt? I'll be there right away" I said and started heading to the bus station. It would take about one hour to reach her place. 

'Hold on Sora. I'm on my way. I won't let anything happen to you. Not now' I thought as I was getting more and more worried.

"No, it's not about me. It's Jieun" she answered and I felt relieved but only for a moment.

"She's at your place? Tell me what happened." I said getting serious.

"Jin... Jin broke up with her" she said with a sad tone in her voice. I could barely hear her talking.

"Okay, I'm on my way" I stopped in my tracks. 

I wasn't expecting that to happen any time soon. To be honest I wasn't expecting that to happen at all. 

'Jin and Jieun are not a couple anymore. She must be devastated. But why would he do that? He loves her, I know it. So why?' All these thought filled my mind for the next hour. I was trying to figure out a reasonable explanation for this situation but nothing seemed to be right.

I reached Sora's house. I've only been here once but it wasn't difficult to find. She opened the door and looked at me with her eyes full of worry. She didn't say anything. That's so unlike her. I didn't like watching the always cheerful girl with the bright personality standing in front of me with that sad expression.

"Where is she?" I asked as I was taking of my jacket after entering the house.

"In my bedroom. She cried herself to sleep." she aswered and we went to the kitchen.

She prepared a cup of hot chocolate for both of us before explaining how it happened.

"So he just sent a message and that was it?" I asked and Sora nodded. "She didn't talk to him? Not even on the phone?"

"No, she called him many times but he didn't pick up." she said and looked like she wanted to say something after a short pause but hesitated.

"What is it? Is something else troubling you?" II asked and took her hands in mine which were hot after holding the cup. "You can tell me."

"Sunggyu..." she said while looking at me with her big eyes. But she averted my gaze before continuing. "Sunggyu this is your chance."

'What is she talking about?' I thought to myself in confusion.

"She's not with Jin anymore. You should go to her." she said and pulled back her hands. "I've known how you feel about her for a long time now. So this is your chance to have her." she said. 

She didn't look at me the whole time she was talking.

'No, it's not like that.' I wanted to say but held back. 

"You can go to my room. I'll show you the way." Sora said as she got up from her chair.

She still wouldn't look at me. Suddenly I grabbed her arm and made her face me. I must have held her a little too tight since she flinched. I loosened up my grip and held her chin with my other hand to look at her face.

A tear escaped from her eye. I didn't know how to react to that. If it was Jieun I would give her a hug and try to console her. But I didn't know what to do to help her feel better. My mind went blank.

"It's not like that." I finally let the words out. "I mean I do love her. I love Jieun but the past few weeks I came to realise that what I love is watching her smile. I don't want her for myself, Jin is the one for her. I guess it took me a lot of time to understand it but this is how I really feel." I said and gave her a smile. 

Her face was priceless. How could her expression have turned from a sad one to a goofy confused one? 

I slightly chuckled and she furrowed her eyebrows. Soon her bright smile returned but was soon replaced by her terrifying smirk. I guess you could tell what followed.

After a while I decided to head to Sora's bedroom where Jieun was still sleeping. I was still holding my cheeks afraid that Sora will pop out of the corner.

I was sure that something was not right with this breakup. I don't think that Jin is the person who would just send a message. No, I'm sure about it. He cares about her too much. 

She was still sleeping when I entered the room so I decided to let her rest. I went at the balcony and took out my phone. I tried calling him. But he didn't pick up my calls either. 

Something is definitely not right...