20_Making_things_clear

Jin's POV

"It's getting late. I'm sure you're going to miss my company but I really have to go." Sora said after checking her watch and held her purse as she stood up.

"We're coming with you." Jieun said and got up from her chair next to me while pulling my hand.

"Actually, you girls can go. I think I'll stay a little longer." I said holding Jieun's arm to gently let her go. "I want to wait for Sunggyu." I stated and both of then looked at me with a worried expression mixed with confusion.

"Okay. But be nice." Jieun said and gave me a quick peck on the cheek before leaving careful not to be noticed by the other customers. So sneaky. She always manages to make my heart flutter with the simplest things.

"Yeah, I will" I said as I watched the girls exiting the cafe "try my best not to pull his eyes out so that he won't be able to stare at you like that again." I murmured as I could feel jealousy strike again.

Never before had I felt like this. It wasn't a pleasant feeling at all. Maybe it was because our first encounter didn't leave a very good impression but I just couldn't let my guard down the whole evening. Even though I knew how Jieun felt about me, I could't rest assured if I didn't clear things out with this Sunggyu gyu so I decided to wait for his shift to end.

I had been preparing myself for the confrontation that was about to happen between us when I heard Sunggyu's voice.

"Good night everyone. See you tomorrow." he bid goodbye to the other employs and I rushed to the door and stood right in front of him.

He looked quite surprised that I was still there alone and I cleared my throught before talking.

"We have to talk" I said with a serious tone in my voice.

I had to show him that I won't be an easy rival and I think that it worked pretty well because he just nodded and told me to follow him outside. We reached a playground which was about two blocks away from the restaurant and he sat on a bench.

I could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't in the mood to have a conversation with me yet he didn't decline my request. He sat there with his head up observing at the night sky. He looked so... so lonely.

'No, Seokjin don't lose sight of your goal. Just suppress your maternal insticts for tonight.' I said to myself while shaking off the thought of comforting him. He sure doesn't look like a bad guy at all and if we had met under different circumstances we would probably make good friends but I have to make sure of what he thinks of my girl.

"I think I know why you want to talk to me" he said after letting a sigh escape his mouth. "But you don't have to worry. I won't try to steal Jieun from you" he looked in my eyes and I knew he wasn't lying.

"Oh right? So you really see her as a childhood friend then. i'm sorry, I must have misun-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence since he started talking.

"No, you haven't misunderstood." he said and averted his eyes. "I love her and it's not as just a friend. But as I said you don't have to worry. As long as she's happy being with you I'm fine with it. I don't want anything more than seeing her smile." he confessed looking even more lonely.

It must have been very painful for him. I was ready to give him a piece of my mind but seeing him like this and listening to what he had to say made feel more sympathy that anger towards him.

"And she has the brightest smile when she's with you so I'm definitely not going to do anything to ruin your relationship. I'll figure out a way to get over my feellings so please stop crying." Sunggyu said and took a handkerchief out of his pochet. He gave it to me and I quickly wiped my tears.

"This is so saaaad" I said while still sobbing. "But I'll help you." I told him full of determination.

He chuckled at my sudden change of feelings and a sad smile was plaster on his face.

"Thanks but there's not many things you can do. I think I'll have to deal with this on my own."

"No! This is why people need friends. To have someone to lean on when they're devastated and need advice and support. I know about these things pretty well. I'm raising six children after all." I said and gave him afriendly pat on the back. "Jieun has told me that you were abroad for the last three years, so it must still be difficult to adjust. Why don't you start hanging out with us, my boys and I, instead of Jieun. It'll be fun and help you take your mind of her." I suggested.

I believe him but it would be safer to watch my back. The gyu's would love to have a new friend added to our company but I'd better not tell them that he likes Jieun to avoid their unnecessary evil plans.

"You know what? That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all." Sunggyu said and offered me his hand for a handshake to seal the deal.

"Great! And as they say 'only a new love can help one forget' so that's what we're aiming for. Let's fing you a girl hamster Gyu" I said and accepted his handshake.

"Hamster Gyu? Not you too..." he said and we both started laughing.

This is not going to be easy but he's a nice guy and I'll try my best to help him. After all he is someone who loves and cherishes Jieun too.

Jieun's POV

"What do you think Jin wants to talk about with Gyu?" Sora asked full of worry.

"He'll probably try to make clear that I'm his now" I said blushing

"He's gonna be okay right?" she asked looking at me with her big eyes completely opposite from Sunggyu's.

"Jin? Of course" I answered a little confused

"No, I'm talking about Sunggyu. Jin won't do anything reckless will he?" she asked again even more worried.

"Of course he won't. We're talking about Jin. Don't worry, they'll probably just have a small conversation and end it there." I said trying to calm her down.

"Yeah, you're right. They're both great guys so it's going to be alright." Sora said and took a deep breath before her lips formed in a smile.

"Sora? What's going on between you and Sunggyu?" I said teasingly and her cheeks became bright red.

"No-Nothing is going on between us." she stuttered. "We're just... just friends" she continued.

"Are you sure? Could it be that you like him?" I asked and pinched her nose.

"I... I don't know" she simply answered and her cheeks were getting more red as she thought about it.

"Aww this is so sweet. I'm definitely rooting for you!" I exclaimed and hugged her but she wasn't that excited. "Why are you like this? You should be happy, this is great."

She sighed before talking. "I know but he already has someone he likes and I don't want to become a burden" she said and looked away. "Anyway, let's not talk about depressing stuff. It's not like I... I love him or anything hehe" she said hesitantly and tried to change the topic asking me about when I'll introduce her to the rest of BTS.

But I was pretty sure that the situation was not that simple...