24_Watch_out!

Jieun's POV

I opened my eyes hoping that it was just a bad dream only to find out that I was in Sora's room and not mine. That alone was enough for me to realise that what happened yesterday was really true. 

I got out of bed and headed downstairs looking for my best friend. I needed her so much. However, there was no sign of her anywhere in the house. After waiting for a while I decided to head out for a walk.

It was early in the morning yet it was so dark outside. The sky wasn't clear but filled with clouds, a warning that a storm was about to break out in any minute. 

I kept walking without thinking about the destination and my feet brought me at my old neibourhood. I sat on the swing to take a breath and observed at my surroundings. Not many things had changed despite the fact that it had already been about six years since I left.

The memories of my childhood were still vivid in my mind. I smiled subconsciously after remembering my family. 

How Gunwoo would beg me to stay for a little longer at the playground and even if I insisted that it was time to return home we always ended up playing some more. How mom would lecture us everytime we got back home after being soaked in the rain. How dad would try to calm her down by reminding her that she did the same when she was our age.

A single tear escaped my eye when it suddenly started to rain. I wasn't crying because of the memories. I was crying because I was about to lose some of the most precious people in my life. They were the ones who helped me overcome the pain. He was the one who helped me overcome the pain but this time he was the one who hurt me.

Even though I could understand that he wanted to concentrate on his work for the time being my heart couldn't accept it so easily.

It had been pouring down with rain for a few minutes but I didn't mind it. I didn't even care that I didn't have an umbrella with me.

"Jieun! Watch out!" I heard a familiar voice and turned my head only to be blinded by a bright light. 

After less than a second my whole body was in pain but I couldn't move. I managed to make out that Sora was the one who called out to me and felt a little disappointed after hoping that it was Jin.

Only darkness is what followed.

Jin's POV

"It's not here either." I mumbled after looking under my bed. 

I had been looking for my phone the whole day. I remember putting it on the table in the kitchen before starting to make breakfast yesterday but I can't find it anywhere. The boys haven't seen it either.

"Hyung, have you seen my phone?" I asked our manager although I didn't think he would know.

"Umm your phone? No I... I haven't. Why, did you lose it somewhere?" he said but sounded a little nervous.

"Yes. I've been looking for it since yesterday but I can't find it" I answered 

"It's okay. I'll... I'll get you a new one." he said still nervous. "So have you thought about what I told you the other day?" he asked me when I was about to leave the room and I stood still.

I turned to him with a serious expression.

"Hyung, I have already told you that there is nothing to think about. I'm not leaving her" I said surprising even myself by how determined I sounded.

"But-" he tried to say something but I stopped him already knowing what it would be.

"I know you're saying it for my sake and that I need to focus on my work and use my free time to rest. But believe me without Jieun I would have already given up. She is... she is my strenght when I'm weak. I need her hyung so please understand" 

When I finished talking, he just stared at me for a couple of minutes probably thinking about what the best for all of us would be. However, I wasn't planning to give up on Jieun whatever his decision would be.

"Okay." hyung said my heart felt so relieved by just this small word.

"But I have done something that I probably shouldn't have." he said and handed me my phone.

I was utterly confused and the moment I opened my mouth to ask him how he found it and why he lied to me about not knowing where it was there was a knock on the door. 

I went to open it since there were only the two of us left in the dorm. 

"Jin, why did you do that?" Sunggyu asked me before grabbing me by the colar.

"Ugh... calm down. What happened?" I asked feeling completely lost. I really didn't know what was going on.

His grip gradually loosened.

"Why did you have to send that message? Why would you end it like this?" he said and I was still unable to understand what he was talking about. "If you hadn't done that, she wouldn't... Jieun wouldn't..." he paused and I was the one grabbing him by the collar this time.

"What the hell happened? Where is she?" I raised my voice without realising it. 

"After reading the message you sent her yesterday about breaking up and not seing each other again, she went to Sora's house." 

'Message? What message? About breaking up?' I thought but kept listening to Sunggyu 

"And about two hours ago she went for a walk. When Sora found her it was too late. A car hit her and she's in the hospital right now. Her condition is critical." he said and I felt my heart sinking.

"Take me there now" I said desparately trying for my voice to come out.

'Jin you can't lose it now. You have to remain calm for your strength to come back to you.' I repeated in my mind hundreds of times until we reached the hospital