28_Kookie's_girl

Jin's POV

I opened my eyes and realised that I had Jieun in my arms. I really missed seeing her face when I wake up. 

I carefully got up trying to escape from her tight grip and fortunately I didn't wake her up. She needs to rest after all.

I stepped out of the room to get something for us to eat from the canteen but stopped in my tracks when I noticed a familiar figure hugging someone in the corridor.

"Oh so your girlfriend came back? The one you always talk about. If I remember correctly her name was... hmm Chohee?" I said while acting natural and Jungkook's ears instantly turned red. 

So I was right. She was Chohee. She may not be his girlfriend but he does talk about her often.

"Hyu-hyung... What are you talking about?" he stattered. 

I chuckled but he didn't notice since his eyes were glued on Chohee. He was trying to make out her reaction to what I had just said. But he looked disappointed. 

'Okay, I guess I've got work to do with these two' I thought to myself. 

"Yes, my name is Chohee. Nice to meet you." the young girl's voice brought me back from my thoughts.

"I'm Kim Seokjin, Jungkook's older brother. Well not a blood related brother but we are a family." I introduced myself and Kookie smiled while rubbing the back of his neck.

I was about to leave them alone when Chohee grabbed my sleeve and reached for my ear trying to whisper something.

"I'm not his girlfriend. Not yet." she said in a low voice and her cheeks turned deep red as she took a step back looking down at her feet.

I chuckled at her statement and turned my head to see an expression on Jungkook's face that I had never seen before. If looks could kill I'd probably be dead that moment.

"I have to go for a while. Please take care of Jieun for me" I said. "And don't worry, she's only yours Kookie" I whispered as I walked past him heading to the canteen.

Jieun's POV

I opened my eyes only to see the white walls of the hospital room once again. I want to leave this place soon but I'm still in so much pain. It's hard for me to move let alone walk.

I saw a pink piece of paper on my pillow and a smile spread across my face as I picked it up since I already knew who had written it.

'Good morning my beautiful girl. Your prince has gone to get something for breakfast and will be back as soon as possible. Don't leave' 

I giggled with his cheesy words and placed the note on the small table next to the bed as I lifted my body to adjust my position.

"Even if I wanted to leave it would be kind of difficult, pabo" I said and the door opened as I finished my sentence.

It wasn't Jin but Jongkook and a young girl that looked very familiar. I admit I didn't recognise her at first.

"Oh nuna you're awake!" he said and rushed to give me a hug.

"Kookie I can't breath" I said while laughing.

"I'm so sorry nuna, are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere?" he asked with eyes full of concern

"No, I'm okay" I said but to be honest his tight embrace hurt a lot. My wounds haven't fully healed yet.

"We've missed you so much, especially V hyung and me. And Jin hyung of course" he said and gave me his adorably cute smile.

"I've missed all of you too. But won't you introduce me to your friend?" I said looking at the girl standing close to him.

"Unnie, have I changed that much?" she said and her voice helped me understand who she was.

"Oh my god, Chohee! Look at you, you have really grown up. You're such a beautiful young lady now." I felt so excited to see Sunggyu's little sister again.

"Thank you" she said while blushing and Kookie had a smile plastered on his face as if he's happy that I praised her. 

They would make such a cute couple.

"Kookie why don't you go and help Jin bring breakfast for all four of us? He's probably at the canteen" I said and he nodded in response before leaving the room.

Chohee talked to me about how her life has been the last few years and I was glad to find out that she's doing fine now. 

The reason Sunggyu left with his family back then was because of Chohee's condition. She has a weak heart and she needed to be monitored closely for a treatment to be found. Fortunately, as she told me, her health has been restored to a great extent the last year so the doctors decided to let her leave the hospital.

"So, what's going on between you and Kookie?" I said and winked at her. 

"K-Kookie and me? He's my... my friend. Yeah, that's it, we're best friends since we were kids" she said but didn't sound convincing.

"Are you sure?"I asked

"Yes" she said and I gave her a doubtful look. "No, I'm not sure unnie." she said and I smiled. "I think I like him. What am I supposed to do?" she sounded confused.

"Did you think about him at all the time you were away?" I asked her 

"Of course I did. I thought about him very often. I wanted to leave that place and meet him as soon as possible but it took me so many years. I thought he would have already forgotten about me."

"Do you want to be with him whenever you're alone?"

"Not only when I'm alone"

"And how do you feel when he's with you?"

"Umm I'm the happiest when we're together. My heart starts beating faster when I think about him and at first I thought that it was because of my bad heath but when I saw him before I thought that this might not be the case."

"I think so too. You should tell him" I said and patted her back to encourage her.

"But I don't know if he likes me and I'm okay with being his friend. I think..." she said and bit her lip.

"Hmm I have an idea. We can find out how he feels about you" I said and gave her a sneaky smile which seemed to surprise her. "Can you bring me my phone?"

"Here it is" Chohee said as she handed me my phone.

I dialed the person's number and they soon answered.

"Nuna! How are you? I was on my way to you room now."

"Jiminnie I'm fine. You're at the hospital? Great! I want your help with something..."