21_Old_neighbours

Jin's POV 

I told Jieun that I invited Sunggyu to hang out with the squad and she looked more than happy to find out that her friend and I were now on good terms. 

"Hey guys, we're having a guest tonight." I informed them as they were resting in the living room.

"Is Jieun noona coming?" Tae asked excitedly only to be disappointed by my answer.

"No, she's not. It's her friend that I have invited." I said 

"Is it a girl? Is she preety?" Namjoon asked with a glint in his eyes.

"No it's not a girl and I guess he is kind of good looking." I answered admitting that Sunggyu is not that bad in terms of looks.

"Come on hyung. Won't you tell us who's coming?" Hoseok asked frustrated.

"Oh right." I said and let them know about the few things I know about him. Leaving out the fact that he likes Jieun of course. "So what do you think? Should we let him join us?" I asked after I finished talking about Sunggyu's background.

"New friend! Hope he likes video games" Jungkook said.

"Well he sounds like a nice guy. But the question is whether he will be able to handle hanging out with us." Yoongi pointed out. 

That was so true. It would be quite tiresome for a normal person to be our friend. They would end up either stop hanging out with us or say goodbye to their life of normality.

...

I was preparing dinner with Namjoon -ckicken's on the menu- for tonight's gathering when there was a knock on the door. I quickly washed my hands to go and open the door feeling a little hesitant to leave Namjoon alone with the stove on in the kitchen. 

"Yoongi go watch over Namjoon in the kitchen for a moment" I shouted while heading to the door.

I opened it and saw Sunggyu standing there surrounded by an aura of awkwardness. He was scratching the back of his head while waiting for me to let him in the house.

"Come in. The guys have been waiting to meet you" I said and made room for him to enter before closing the door behind us. 

"I didn't know what you guys like so I brought a chocolate cake for dessert." he said and handed the box with the cake over to me.

We entered the living room where Tae and Hoseok where playing a racing game and I called the rest of the boys to come. 

Jungkook was the last to enter the room and his eyes grew wide when he saw who our guest was.

Jungkook POV

I couldn't believe in my eyes. I knew the name sounded familiar but I just couldn't remember the reason why.

"Gyu hyung?" I asked as I approached him and he looked surprised for a moment but soon his lips formed into a smile.

"Kookie?" he said and looked at me closely. "It is you! How you've grown!" he continued and ruffled my hair to express his enthusiasm for meeting me after all these years.

I hugged him tightly taking him by surprise and then he patted my back. The hyungs were just looking at us while remaining silent and trying to grasp what exactly was happening.

I saw Jimin's confused expression and I started explaining to them how Sunggyu hyung and I know each other. 

"You see Gyu hyung was my neighbour until I reached ten years old" I said and Jin hyung was left with his mouth hanging open.

"Then you used to leave in the same neighbourhood with Jieun too." he figured out and my mouth was the one to drop open this time.

"But I really don't remember her. How is that possible?" I asked in disbelief.

"Umm it kinda is possible. Do you remember the chubby girl that always pinched my cheeks and called me hamster?" hyung asked and I nodded not quite understanding why he mentioned that but then it struck me.

"That was Jieun noona!" I exclaimed but it was still hard to believe that that chubby little girl was her. She was equally cute back then too though. 

As I was trying to recall memories of that time I managed to connect the dots and I could actually see that it was really her. 

We all sat in the living room and for a couple of minutes nobody was talking. We were simply mindblown by this unbelievable coincidence.

However, that silence soon turned into a great atmosphere. The members wouldn't stop asking about any embarassing memories of my childhood and Sunggyu hyung didn't hold back at all. He described numerous incidents with every detail which made me hide my face behind the big pillow I was holding as the hyungs started teasing me. The room was filled with laughter and I knew I was doomed for the next couple of weeks...

After we had dinner I went to the kitchen since it was my turn to do the dishes. Sunggyu hyung offered to help me and I talked to him about how I ended up becoming a member of BTS since he wanted to know. But there was still something I wanted to ask him.

"Hyung, how is Chohee doing?" I asked while washing a plate.

Chohee was his sister and we were inseparable when we were little.

"Chohee? She's... she's fine." he said in a not so convincing tone. "She misses you a lot you know. Even though it's been about twelve years since your family moved out of our old neighbourhood she was hoping that she'll meet you again." 

When he finished talking I tried to hide my face from him since I saw my reflexion on the window and realised how red it had become.

"Is she in Korea? Did she come with you?" I asked as we finished cleaning the kitchen. "Can I meet her?"

"No, I'm sorry Kookie but she didn't come with me. She... uhm she was quite busy." he said but noticed my great disappointment at his answer. "But she will come soon. Next month if I'm not mistaken." he continued.

"Really?! I mean *coughs* really?" I was more than happy to hear that but tried to not sound too excited. 

'That's great! So great!' I thought to myself as I was lying to my bed that night.

A/N

Hello beautiful beings! It's my first time writing a note and this is kind of awkward... So I really wanted to thank you all for your support (we've reached 1000+ reads yay!). This is my first time writing a story and I really love doing it even if it might not be that good. 

Oh and I promise to try my best for the next chapters although I'll be quite busy from now on with my studies

Umm I guess that's it for now. Until next time, may the force be with you!