Chapter Four

Fantasia's POV

Fantasia's POV

I woke up feeling like I hadn't gone to sleep at all, but I wasn't going to complain because the source of my exhaustion was one that I would welcome anytime of any day. The reason for my lack of sleep is that I spent most of the night texting Taraji. We exchanged numbers at Oprah's brunch, and as soon as we were apart, we began texting each other. We talked a lot about our kids and our careers. Our conversation didn't get too deep or too personal, but I still feel like I learned so much about her. It took a ton of restraint for me not to ask her why she walked away from the brunch and cried on the balcony. I don't know what she's going through, but it's obvious that whatever it is, it's hurting her. I wish that beautiful, kind women like Taraji didn't have to experience any pain at all. Life can be so cruel. I know that we just met yesterday, but I feel like she's already my friend.

I stretched my arms, looking over at the spot beside me that my husband no longer occupied. I got up and went into the bathroom to do my morning hygiene routine before going downstairs. What I saw in the kitchen was a perfect reminder of why I wake up every day and do what I do. I smiled watching my oldest daughter Zion dance around the floor with my baby girl Keziah in her arms, while Kendall and my son Dallas cooked together. I had Zion and Dallas in two separate relationships, but Kendall stepped up and became the father for them that their fathers couldn't be. I've been blessed with fame and fortune, but my most prized luxury that money can't buy is my family. I have been through hell and back to find love like this, and I will go to war with anybody to keep it. My family is my everything. When filming starts, I'm going to miss spending so much time with them. It seems like I'm always working, and I know the kids feel it too, but I can't apologize for providing for my family.

Fantasia: Nobody was going to invite me to the party?

Zion: Good morning, mama.

Dallas: Mommy!

Fantasia: Hey my babies.

I kissed all of my children's foreheads, giving baby Keziah a few extra kisses. Kendall wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his strong chest. I cupped his face, giving him a passionate kiss. We laughed as the kids pretended to be grossed out. I sat on top of the counter and Kendall stood between my legs, prompting Zion to help Dallas takeover the cooking.

Kendall: You were up for awhile last night.

Fantasia: I couldn't put my phone down. I was texting Taraji.

Zion: You met Taraji P. Henson?! Oh my gosh mom, why didn't you tell me?! What is she like? Does she act like Cookie in real life?

Fantasia:*chuckles* She's perfectly nice and normal, but she does have a bit of sass to her. I like her. She dropped a lot of valuable gems for me. She's a good time.

Kendall: That is pretty cool that you're going to be in a movie with her, babe.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning closer into him with a smile on my face. I haven't been able to stop smiling since last night. It's hard to believe that I'm being offered the lead role in my first big movie, and I'm going to be working alongside the Taraji P.Henson. I was trying not to fangirl too hard when I met her yesterday because I didn't want her to think that I'm fake, but being able to work with her is an opportunity that I never thought would fall into my lap.

Kendall: I'm a little jealous that she was able to keep you up all night. What does she have that I don't?

Fantasia: Oh please. Ha ha, very funny.

I playfully rolled my eyes, pushing his shoulder while he chuckled deeply into the crook of my neck, his hands claiming my waist.

Fantasia: She is super pretty, though. Don't you think?

Kendall: I mean, I guess. You're the only woman I really look at in that way.

Fantasia: I know, but come on babe. It's Taraji. Every man looks at her in that way.

Kendall: Not me.

He pecked my lips as if he was trying to emphasize the point that he only has eyes for me. I don't know why I'm so adamant about getting him to admit that Taraji is beautiful. Anybody with functioning vision knows that she's beautiful. I don't know why it's so important to me for my husband to say it. Why is she consuming my thoughts like this? I just met the woman yesterday. Perhaps it's an infatuation kind of thing. Most people never get to meet the people they look up to, and the ones that are lucky enough usually end up being disappointed, but nothing is disappointing about Taraji. I feel a connection to her that I can't explain. Maybe it's that we're both mothers or that we both grapple with mental health. Maybe it's a combination of everything that makes us different and the same. Whatever it is, it can't be faked. She's a pretty woman with an even prettier soul, and I see her. I'm hoping that she will show me more as our friendship progresses. Chemistry is so important, and it has to be believable. I don't think that will be a hard thing to accomplish with Taraji.

After breakfast, I helped Kendall wash the dishes while the kids went for a morning swim in the pool. I trusted Zion to keep an eye on Keziah. She started taking swimming lessons on her 2nd birthday, but she's still just a baby. They're probably going to be out there all day until their skin prunes.

Kendall: Now that you've met everyone, are you absolutely sure that you're going to do the movie now?

Fantasia: I gave Blitz and Oprah my word, but it won't matter until they get it in writing on my contract. I don't know why I'm waiting or what I'm so afraid of. I should just go ahead and sign it before they find someone to replace me.

Kendall: They could never replace you, baby. They would be crazy to even try.

Fantasia:* smiles* You're so sweet, babe. You know at some point in the movie I'm going to have to kiss Taraji. How do you feel about that?

Kendall: I don't feel anything. She's a woman, and I'm your man. I know the kind of insecure, fragile fools you've dealt with in the past, but I'm not them. I support everything that you do.

Kendall's security in himself is one of the main things that drew me to him. I don't know why I'm thinking about kissing Taraji. The movie hasn't even begun filming. Blitz might not even want to include the kiss in the movie when it's all said and done. I haven't even signed the contract. Yet, here I am, worrying about how my husband will feel about me kissing another woman. I don't even know how I feel about it. I kissed a woman when I played Celie in the stage play of "The Color Purple", but something about this situation is different and I can't explain why. I wonder what she's doing right now. I'm already starting to embody Celie- completely and utterly obsessed with Shug Avery.

It seems like Fantasia has the perfect marriage and the perfect family. I have yet to decide if I'm going to make Oprah a villain or not. Everybody loves a good villain. Maybe she won't be a full-on villain, but she will definitely have her shady moments. What do you guys think? What do the readers want to see?