Chapter Thirty Three

Fantasia's POV

Fantasia's POV

Taraji stumbled into her room at 2 in the morning. I could smell the alcohol on her at the door. It's clear that she had a little too much fun. I couldn't sleep because I was so worried about her, so I stayed up waiting for her. It looks like I had a reason to be worried about her.

Taraji: Why's it so dark in here?!

Fantasia:*whispering* Taraji, hush! You're gonna get a noise complaint!

I turned the bedside lamp on, getting up out of her bed and walking across the floor to help her. I grabbed her hand, guiding her to the bed. She fell back and hit her head on the headboard, but she just giggled the pain off. She's going to feel that when she's sober.

Taraji: I had sooooooo much fun! Drive the boat! The boat never stops driving...

She trailed off, looking around the room like she didn't recognize it. Her speech was slurred to the point that I could barely understand what she was saying, and her eyes were bloodshot and sitting low. We have to be on set in 4 hours. She can't show up like this. It'll be a horrible look for her and a huge blow to her career, especially if some blog gets coverage of it. I have 4 hours to help her sober up, at least to the point that she can speak clearly and stand without swaying like a zombie.

Taraji: Where am I? Where's my dog?

Fantasia: You're in your hotel room. K-Ball is at home, which is where Blitz and Oprah will be sending you if you don't get your act together. Come on, let's get you cleaned up.

I managed to pull her up off of the bed, and she let all of her weight fall into my arms. I held onto her waist, but her body was being dragged down by the weight of her inebriation, and she couldn't stay up straight. We ended up falling to the bed together. I was trying to be firm and serious, but her wild laughter was making me laugh, too.

Fantasia:*laughing* This isn't funny, Raj. You're drunk. We need to get you in the shower.

Taraji: Noooo I wanna get dirty.

Fantasia: Stop playing and come on. We have work in just a few hours. I should have never let you go out with that girl. I should have dragged you into my car.

Taraji: Somebody's jeal-ous.

The sing-song tone in her voice made me unreasonably angry. I grabbed her wrist a little harder than I needed to and pulled her to the bathroom. She resisted, but she was too out of it to really fight back out. It's a wonder that her eyes are still open.