Chapter Seventy One

Fantasia's POV

Fantasia's POV

I walked into the kitchen and I knew that Kendall was aware of my presence, but he remained standing with his back turned to me, chopping up a bell pepper. He didn't even attempt to acknowledge me and I knew that he was ignoring me on purpose. His silence was even more painfully noticeable with the sound of Keziah giggling as Dallas chased her around the living room.

Fantasia: Ken, we need to talk.

He paid me no mind as he added the chopped bell peppers to the bowl of vegetable mix he was working on. I sighed and kissed my teeth as I glanced up at the ceiling for a brief second, already fed up with his childish and passive-aggressive actions. I tugged on the tail of his shirt to get his attention, but he still didn't react.

Fantasia: This conversation needs to happen whether you want it to or not, so you might as well make it easier for the both of us and communicate with me.

Kendall: You wanna talk about communication?

He finally turned around to look at me, fury written all over his face. My eyes flew to the knife that he was still gripping in his clutch. I knew that he wouldn't do anything to me with Dallas and Keziah only a few feet away in the living room, especially with a deadly weapon, but my adrenaline was still pumping all the same. I glanced over my shoulder for a split second at the kids, relieved to see that they were too busy playing to notice the bubbling tension between me and Kendall.

Kendall: You disappear for 2 days without so much as a text, and you want to preach to me about communication? When the kids kept asking me where you were and why you weren't home with them, I couldn't even tell them because you didn't fucking communicate with me!

I winced from the harshness of his choice of words, feeling a pang of guilt as I looked at the kids again. Keziah jumped when Kendall raised his voice, but then she went right back to climbing all over Dallas like he was a jungle gym. I guess I have been pretty neglectful as far as spending personal time with the kids. I've just been so focused on Taraji, but my kids come first and I lost sight of that for a little while. Maybe when the time is right I can introduce the kids to my relationship with Taraji, and we can all be together under one roof. I hope my fantasy manifests itself to be much more than just wishful thinking.

Kendall: I know that you leaving had something to do with her.

Fantasia: Her who?

Kendall: Don't do that, Fantasia. Don't insult my intelligence like that. You're only going to make me angrier if you do that. You know exactly who I'm talking about.