Chapter Six

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

I ran around every inch of my house like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to ensure that everything was perfect and exactly as I wanted it to be. I may have overdone it with the purple them, but in my eyes there's really no such thing as overdoing. Ombré purple balloon garlands twisted around the railing of the staircase. I had covered the foyer and most of the living room in purple balloons. In the kitchen is a dessert tower with purple-frosted cookies, cupcakes, and donuts. And of course, I have my purple tulips displayed on a table in the center of the foyer for all to see. The guest rooms that I set aside for Fantasia and Danielle have been provided with purple bed linens, purple wash cloths, a lavender Dove shower set, purple hand soap and sanitizer, and a bowl of little purple candies to go on the nightstand. I hope the ladies won't think that I'm doing too much. I know how intense I can be, and I know that sometimes my intensity pushes people away, but I've just always told myself that if they can be pushed away because of my real personality then they were never meant to be around me. Who I am is never going to change. Still, I secretly want them to like me.

Fantasia's POV

Fantasia's POV

I put my phone charger and my MacBook in my overnight bag before zipping it closed. Kendall was laying on the bed watching me pack up, looking like a sad puppy that was being abandoned by its human.  I like to think that he's not a jealous man, but he does get sensitive about all of our free time being spent with each other and the kids because we both work so much.

Fantasia: Ken, stop giving me that look babe. It's only one night.

Kendall: Yeah, one night that you could be spending with me. Once you start filming the movie, you're going to be away all the time and you're going to be with them.

Fantasia: This is something that I want to do for fun, for myself. It has nothing to do with work. It's just a fun girl's night. I'm sure we'll talk about the movie, but that doesn't mean that it's about work.