Chapter Seven

Danielle's POV

Danielle's POV

Taraji greeted me at her door with a hug and kiss on the cheek, and I greeted her with a box of vegan truffles because I felt bad for making fun of her grass casseroles in the group chat. She had a big pretty smile on her face, but her eyes held so much sadness. Walking into her lovely home, I could feel a tension in the air so thick that it was almost palpable. Fantasia was in the kitchen, nursing an alcoholic drink. Did something happen between them before I came? What am I walking into? If this is supposed to be a fun girls' party, I would hate to see their funerals. I guess it's up to me to supply the vibes.

Danielle: Aye it's a bad bitch party, can't nobody else get in!

I stuck my tongue out and twerked a little, making Fantasia laugh and lightly slap my ass. Taraji worked up a little bit, but I could tell that something was still bothering her.

Fantasia: Oh Lord, Dani thee stallion has woken up.

Danielle: She never sleeps.

Taraji:*chuckles* Well, thank you for the chocolates, Dani thee stallion. That's very thoughtful of you.

Danielle: It has all the oats and berries and stuff that you like. It's 100 percent dark chocolate, just like me.

Taraji: Delicious! I want a bite.

I laughed as Taraji pretended to bite my face. We joined Fantasia in the kitchen and I gladly helped myself to a purple-frosted cupcake displayed on the glass dessert tower.

Fantasia: We're 3 drinks in, you gotta catch up with us Dani.

Once the drinks started flowing, so did the conversation. We of course ended up on the subject of our upcoming movie, but it seemed like talking about the movie prompted us to talk about more personal topics. I'll be T-Pain and blame it on the alcohol.

Fantasia: I'm so excited that we're all gonna be working together. I can't wait to actually get into the environment of a movie studio. I bet it's a whole different vibe from being on a stage.

Taraji: It's a lot of moving parts, and it can be overwhelming, but once the filming actually begins, you get so immersed in the story that all the other outside noise goes mute. Then it's just you and your character, and whoever you're in a scene with.

I felt so blessed to be receiving such solid advice from one of the greatest actresses of my time, and I just hoped that I would be sober enough to remember it all. She's dropping free game, and it seems like all she wants in return is our friendship.