Chapter Sixty Six

Fantasia's POV

Fantasia's POV

I had to get an overnight flight to D.C. and spend my free time waiting around the airport all day, but I didn't care. Nothing is more important to me than getting to Taraji. I hope she can be open and honest with me about why she left. It pains me more than anything that she only told Brandee where she was going. Does she trust her more than me? Are they really that close? What's so special about Brandee? I used to be the person she told all her secrets to. If I were more like Brandee, would she have told me instead and shut everyone else that wasn't me out? I hate that she's making me question myself because of another woman. I know that I'm still married to Kendall on paper, but I have checked out of our marriage and he doesn't exist to me anymore. In my mind, Taraji is my one and only. So why aren't I hers? I've already started thinking of wedding songs. It would be beautiful to have Adele sing "Remedy" while Taraji is walking down the aisle, and then Usher and Wale could perform "The Matrimony" at the reception. I have it all planned out, now I just need my future wife to get on board with it. I didn't come all the way to D.C. to leave without my woman on my arm.

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

After leaving my dad's grave site, I felt like a weight had lifted off of my shoulders. I finally know what I need to do. Fantasia has been it all along, but I was covering my eyes because I just didn't want to see it. She has been the constant defining factor in my life since I met her. She helped me rediscover the strength inside of me that I thought Kelvin had taken away from me. She gave me the fight of my life, and for once I wasn't afraid to fight back. I would have never stood up to Kelvin the way Fantasia constantly forced me to stand up to her. Maybe it was toxic, but I'm starting to realize that it helped me more than it hurt me. Sometimes your poison and your antidote come in the same package. For me, Fantasia is that package. Love is going to hurt sometimes. It's inevitable that the people who love you are going to hurt you at some point. The pain is inescapable, but that doesn't mean that it will last. Fantasia is the only person on this Earth that can make me cry tears of anger and joy all in one breath. The reason why I've been so lost is because I've been looking for something that I already have with Fantasia. The search stops with her.