Chapter Fourty Two

Fantasia's POV

Fantasia's POV

The scene at the hospital was crazier than something out of a movie. There were cops and reporters everywhere. The police had to put a barrier up in front of the doors because hundreds of Taraji's fans had gathered outside of the hospital with signs, candles, movie posters, and other memorabilia in honor of Taraji. The crowd was damn near uncontrollable. I was scared of getting trampled or accidentally hurt because of the sheer amount of people that were trying to get into the hospital, but I had to push through for Taraji. The flashing lights and screaming voices spiked my anxiety. I managed to make it to the front of the crowd, right up to the police. Once they recognized me, they let me through. As soon as I ran into the hospital doors, Danielle met me at the entrance and took me into her arms. I immediately began to cry into her shoulder, feeling relief from being in the embrace of a friend. She pulled me back a little, holding me by my shoulders. I could see that she had tears in her eyes, too.

Fantasia: Where is she?! I need to see her! I-I need to see her. I need to know that she's ok. Where is she Dani? Where's her room? I need to-

Danielle: Tasia, I know you're scared. I'm scared, too. But you need to calm down. She doesn't need to see you like this. She can't see visitors right now anyway. We just have to play the waiting game.

Fantasia: What?! No, that won't work. I need to set eyes on her right now. I need to see for myself that she's ok. Nobody even knows what happened to her.

Danielle: That's what the police and the doctors are trying to figure out right now. We just need to worry about being there for her when she's ready to receive us.

Fantasia: She's probably so scared right now with all of those cops in her face. She needs me to be with her.

I snatched myself out of Danielle's grip and I began to pace the floor of the waiting room. I could hear the fans screaming Taraji's name outside. People were banging on the windows, and ones who managed to get past the police were trying to break the door down. Too much is going on right now. Taraji isn't safe here. I feel like she's only safe when she's with me. I just want to take her someplace far from here and hide her away from the rest of the world. The world doesn't deserve her. I barely deserve her. I don't deserve her at all. But she does deserve to feel loved, and I can give her that feeling if she lets me.

A nurse with a badge reading "Nurse Brandee" seemed to be approaching us with a clipboard in her hand and a bedazzled stereoscope around her neck. Danielle jumped up from her chair and I joined her side, staring intently at Nurse Brandee, willing her to give me every tiny detail of information that she had at her disposal.