Chapter Fifty Eight

Brandee's POV

Brandee's POV

I was getting ready to start my lunch break when I heard some commotion in the waiting room. I walked over there to see Taraji taking pictures with families and friends of patients and signing random objects that belonged to me. I didn't know that she would be popping up on me. It's a pleasant surprise for sure. A big smile broke out across my face as I watched her interact with the people. She's so down to earth. Once she was done taking pictures and signing autographs on the belongings of every single person that asked for it, she put her attention on me. She hugged me and pecked my lips, her hands lingering on my lower back. I didn't expect her to be so affectionate with me in public. We've never talked about where our relationship stands. It seems like it just started and we're already moving kinda fast, but I'm not complaining. I like that she's not trying to hide me. She grabbed my hand, leading me outside to her car.

Brandee: This is sweet of you to surprise me.

Taraji: I wanted to see you. Are you hungry?

Brandee: I could eat. Where are you taking me?

Taraji: I know you love seafood. You want Red Pier?

I nodded my head, smiling at the fact that she knows me so well already. She opened the passenger door of her Yukon Denali for me, and there was an arrangement of various flowers in my favorite colors sitting on the passenger seat.

Brandee: Awww T, these are beautiful

Brandee: Awww T, these are beautiful. I love the unique selection. Thank you so much.

Taraji: Of course, babe. Pretty flowers for a pretty lady.

I gave her a long kiss on the lips and she made sure I was comfortably settled in the passenger seat before going to get in on the driver's side. I can't believe she came out all this way just to take me out for lunch. I wish that I could just clock out for the remainder of the day and spend it with her. It was really attractive watching her drive. The concentration on her face and the ease in her movements was sexy. It's been amazing to see her confidence grow since the time she was in the hospital. It's nice to watch her in real time become more secure in herself. I think I'm falling in love with her, and I'm falling fast with no signs of stopping.

Taraji: How has your day been so far?

Brandee: I've been in the pediatric department for most of the day. I love the babies and the kids, so I've actually been having a pretty good day. It hurts to see innocent kids hurting, but it feels good to know that I have the skill set to make them feel better. What about you?

Taraji: The Color Purple wrapped on filming today. Everybody is going out tonight to celebrate at this club that our director booked out for us. I want you to come.

The thought of being around all of those celebrities made me want to vomit. I know that I'll have to get used to her glamorous lifestyle if I'm going to be with her for the long run, but her trying to throw me into it so early on in our relationship, or whatever this is, is nerve-wracking. We come from two different worlds, and I guess that fact is just now hitting me. I'm a nameless nurse and she's a star. I guess she could see the fear on my face, because she reached over and grabbed my hand, rubbing her thumb over my knuckles to soothe me.

Brandee: It means the world to me that you want all of your friends and costars to see me with you, but I don't know if I'm ready for that, T. Just the thought alone gives me anxiety. We can have our own little celebration.

Taraji: I understand that, and I respect your feelings. Will you at least come to the premier? It's hitting screens in two months on Christmas. It would be a really good Christmas gift to have you on my arm on the carpet. I'll fly you out to LA. You won't have to worry about anything. I'll take care of everything.

Brandee:*smiles* You see us being together in two months?

Taraji: Two months, two years, two lifetimes. I want you there. Tell me you'll be there.

Brandee: I'll be there.

I kissed her hand that held mine, squeezing it tighter. She's basically telling me that she wants me to be her girlfriend in a real committed relationship, but I still want to hear the specific words come from her mouth. Until then, we're just seriously dating. I can't put my faith in assumptions. Taraji is an honest person, and when she's honestly ready to be in a real relationship with me, she'll tell me honestly. However, the fact that she wants to take me on the red carpet with her says a lot. Things are getting really real between us, but she's still not saying the words. At the same time, I feel like it's only a matter of time before the whole world finds out.

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

After dropping Brandee off at work a few hours later than she was supposed to be back, I immediately had to go home and get ready for the party. I hate that she's not coming with me tonight, but I understand why. I don't know why I'm so eager to go public with her. Maybe I'm trying to prove that my life can go on without Fantasia, even if it seems like I do keep going back to her. The fact that Brandee isn't trying to dive into my world of lights and cameras right away is actually comforting. It shows me that she's just here for Taraji, and not Taraji P. Henson the actress. However, I do wish that she was coming with me tonight. It would throw Fantasia off my trail. She comes with a lot of good things that keep me attached to her, but she also comes with a lot of problems and complications that force me to stay away from her. Last night was a lot. Kendall was threatening to kill me over her, and she went home with him afterwards. When she didn't get what she thought she deserved from me, she went on a tangent and told me to my face that she would just focus on her husband and raising their unborn son with him. She's inconsistent and emotionally unstable, and I don't have time for the bullshit. I'm only getting older, and at this stage in my life, I have to choose my peace over everything else. Brandee is peace. Fantasia is poison...but do I want an antidote? That's what I have to figure out for myself. Brandee has everything I need, but when Fantasia gives me what I want, she really gives it to me. It's like choosing between cake and a carrot stick. You know that the carrot stick is better for you and it's going to make you feel good in the long run, but the cake with all its sugar and frosting is too appealing to leave alone. So, until I know for sure, I'll just eat carrot cake.