Chapter Eighty

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

Although Dani was pissed off, and rightfully so, she still took me, Fantasia, and Keziah home after getting her baby girl to calm down. The car ride was awkward, as I could feel the tension between Fantasia and Danielle. I don't think that Dani is mad at Tasia per say , but she's mad at the entire situation which is completely understandable. Kendall goes wherever Fantasia is, so I can see why Danielle would want her out of her house. Kendall is trying to isolate Fantasia from her friends and family by scaring them out of her life. It's what all abusers do to make it easier for them to hurt their victims. Danielle took Fantasia Keziah straight to my house. It didn't need to be said that they didn't want to be at home with Kendall. Dani parked in my driveway with a heavy sigh, turning her head to look over at Fantasia who had been silently staring out of the window the whole time, blinking back tears, although some managed to escape.

Danielle: Hey, I'm not mad at you Tasia, ok? I didn't mean to react as harshly as I did, but when it comes to my child, all bets are off. Kendall is a problem that needs to be dealt with, and until he's no longer around, I can't have you at my house. I'll send you the video I took of him spazzing out. You can use it in court.

Fantasia didn't say anything, and I could tell that she was trying to work out in her mind her anger towards Kendall and her hurt towards Danielle. It was getting really hot in the car, and I just wanted to go into my house, take a shower, and forget about the last hour of a day that was actually turning out to be pretty good despite my thoughts of my younger sister constantly spinning around in the back of my head. We haven't spoken to each other since she got out of the hospital. I feel like I need to go check on her. When I realized that Fantasia wasn't going to respond, I decided to step in to prevent a potential fight between her and Danielle. Tasia really has no right to be upset at Danielle's instinctive reaction to protect her family, but I know that that's the last thing she wants to hear right now.

Taraji: She understands. Thank you, Dani.

Fantasia: Don't speak for me, Taraji.

Taraji:*rolls eyes* Like I said, she understands. Thank you for the ride Dani. Today was almost a good day. Hopefully tommorow will be better. I'll talk to you later, ok?

Danielle nodded her head as I hugged her and kissed her cheek. Fantasia hugged her as well, but she kept it short and sweet, and she gave her a petty side hug. I shook my head and grabbed Fantasia's wrist, dragging her into the house. Fantasia stomped over to the couch with a pout on her face like a big baby and plopped down, folding her arms across her chest. She's acting like she's her daughter's age. I bent down to Keziah's level, looking into her drowsy brown eyes.

Taraji: Ziah, do you want to go watch tv in my room? I have a big bed that you can jump all over until you get tired. You wanna go?