The Wedding: Part 2

Omniscient's POV

Omniscient's POV

The crowd of some odd 120 wedding guests looked on in astonishment as Beyoncé was live and in person at Fantasia and Taraji's wedding, singing the lyrics of "Crash Into You" so emotionally and passionately that there wasn't a dry eye in the entire vicinity. Coos of "aww" and "how precious" blended together and filled the air as Freeya and Keziah came traipsing down the aisle in their little matching dresses, digging their hands into brown woven baskets and pulling out fist-fulls of rose petals, dropping them along the path. Danielle was in the line holding her breath, expecting Freeya to stop and start crying because she was missing her nap, but to her relief her little girl made it all the way down the aisle with her playmate Keziah at her side. Marcell and Zion were next to walk out, her arm looped through his. Marcell humbly looked down at the floor while Zion smiled and waved, soaking up all of the attention and glory. Next were the bridesmaids and groomsmen, followed lastly by Danielle and her husband as she was the maid of honor. She blinked back tears with every step she took, thinking of everything that her, Taraji, and Fantasia had been through collectively and individually just to make it to this fateful day. All the fighting, crying, and sleepless nights suddenly seemed worth it for this moment, and there was no doubt in her mind that she would do it all over again if it meant that she would end up here with them, sharing in their love with them. The guests were confused as Fantasia's mom and Taraji's mom walked out together, as neither one of them were escorting their daughters. During last night's rehearsal dinner, Fantasia and Taraji had decided that they break the typical mold for a wedding, and instead of one of them waiting at the altar for the other to walk down the aisle, they planned to walk out hand in hand. What better way to show that the only place they wanted to be was by each other's side?

Everyone stood up to their feet as the two brides finally made their long-awaited appearance. Gasps erupted around the room, the guests wowed and moved by how beautiful they looked together. Fantasia couldn't even see where she was going because her vision was so blurred with tears, but she trusted Taraji to guide her safely and not let her fall. Beyoncé blew a kiss to the stunning couple from the stage as she seamlessly transitioned into a stripped down, acoustic rendition of "XO". Taraji turned to Fantasia and sang the lyrics in her tear-filled face, making the intimate crowd of family and loved-ones laugh.

Taraji:*whispers* You look beautiful, baby. I'll never forget how gorgeous you look today.

Fantasia:*whispers* Taraji, you're gonna make me cry harder. You look so stunning, I can't take it. I feel like I can't breathe. You quite literally take my breath away.

Taraji chuckled, enjoying their conversation that only they could hear. She kissed Fantasia's cheek to calm her nerves, but also to warm up for the big kiss that was coming up at the altar. They reached the end of the aisle and reluctantly let go of each other's hands, going to stand up at the altar. As the officiant began to speak, the two brides were zoned out and lost in their own little world that only they could access, staring at one another like they were meeting each other for the first time all over again. Fantasia shyly looked away from Taraji's intense gaze, making the older woman giggle behind her hand. Fantasia looked back at Taraji and bit her lip, her eyes exploring her body that was so elegantly covered in lacy, white material. At this point she was ready to skip everything and get to the honey moon, and Taraji wasn't too far behind her.