Chapter Fifty Seven

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

Kendall's entire face was red as he looked between the two of us. Veins were popping out of his neck and forehead, and his chest was heaving like a bull with a red flag in its face. His eyes were ignited with anger. I've never seen someone physically look so mad before. Fantasia stepped in front of me, blocking his view of me. All I could think was how the hell did he find us here? Did he follow Fantasia here, and he's just been hiding in waiting of the perfect moment to strike? I don't know which one of them is crazier-him or her. If something goes down I know that Fantasia will try her damndest to protect me from him, but how much can she really do pregnant? I hope that it doesn't come to us having to find out. Every time he tried to look at me, Fantasia would adjust herself so that I was completely covered by her body. She was so close up on me that her ass was pressing into my area. I resisted the urge to smack it and rub it in front of her husband. I like Brandi a lot, and I meant it when I said that I want to see where things go with her, but I've already seen where things went with Fantasia, and I would be lying if I said that I don't sometimes find myself wanting to go back. There's comfort in familiarity, no matter how tumultuous the source of comfort is. Besides, I'm a single woman. I don't belong to anybody. I don't know where this very sudden change of heart came from, and I'm not sure if I can chase it away this time.

Kendall: Well aren't you two just cozy? Please, don't let me stop your fun. Go on, do what you were about to do.

Fantasia: What are you doing here? How did you know we were here?

Kendall: I have my ways, but that's none of your concern. Go get your ass in the car, Fantasia.

Taraji: She doesn't have to go anywhere with you.

When I tried to step up to him, Fantasia grabbed my arm and pulled me back behind her, keeping her grip on my wrist to hold me in place. I knew that there was no chance of me physically overpowering Kendall, but I couldn't just stand there and watch him try to control and manipulate her. Nobody was there to defend me against Kelvin. I have to be here for Fantasia to defend her against Kendall. He's a walking red flag for abuse. I wouldn't be surprised if he has hit her before.

Fantasia: Raj, don't.

Kendall: Yeah Raj, don't. You better listen to my girlfriend if you know what's best for you.

Fantasia: Kendall, don't threaten her. This is between me and you. It has nothing to do with Taraji.

Kendall: This has everything to do with your little whore. She's here with you while I'm at home wondering where my pregnant wife is and why she isn't home with me and our kids. Now I see why.

Fantasia ignored him, turning her back on him to face me. She held both of my hands, looking into my eyes with urgency and a bit of fear explicitly expressed in her own chocolate orbs. It was scaring me that she was scared. There's not much that strikes fear into her wild, crazy heart.

Fantasia: You need to go, ok? I will call you later tonight.

Taraji: I'm not leaving you here with him. He's insane and he seems dangerous. I'm staying with you.

Fantasia: No, you're not. You're going to get out of here like I said. Don't worry about me. I can handle my husband. I don't think he'll hurt me, but he will hurt you, so you need to go. Just go.

Taraji: Forget about it. I'm not going anywhere until I know that you're safe.

When she turned back around, Kendall was directly in her personal space , towering over her. He looked over her shoulder at me, finally getting the contact with me that he had been begging for. It's like he's angrier at me than he is at her, but I'm not the one who promised him for better or worse. So why is his target on my back?

Kendall: I warned you, bitch. I warned you to stay away from my wife outside of work.

Taraji: Your wife is the one who can't stay away from me.

Kendall: You keep trying to come in between me and my family, and the only way my wife is going to be able to see you is in a cemetery.

My eyes must've bulged out of my head when Fantasia cocked her hand back and brought it down on Kendall's cheek hard. The impact of her hand on his cheek sounded like lightning, and the rings she had on didn't make it any better. I bit my lip, wanting to watch it over and over again. It was the sexiest thing I had ever seen.

Fantasia: I told you to stop threatening her! If you try to hit me back, I'm calling the police on your crazy ass!

Kendall: Come on and get your ass in the fucking car!

I flinched when he snatched her up and began to drag her to the door. I almost followed him, but Fantasia simply looked back at me over her shoulder and shook her head, silently advising me against coming to her rescue. Through the window, I watched him force her into the car while she punched him all over the top of his bald head. I leaned back against the bar, releasing a heavy sigh. In the morning when I have my energy back, I'm going to kill Danielle for dragging me into this bullshit. I can't believe all of that just went down right in front of me. It's like watching a ratchet reality tv show, except I'm apart of the starring cast. Brandee would never put me in a situation like this, but I'm the one who decided to stay around it. I can't leave Fantasia alone, but I can't give up on Brandee so easily. She's everything that I thought I wanted in Fantasia, but I don't want them to be anything alike. I want my cake and I want to eat it, too.

Me and Miss Taylor really are one and the same.

I was halfway asleep writing this, so excuse me if it's a little boring😴.