OS: Drunk Arnav ji!

"Pst.. Tomato!"

It's been two hours since Khushi was settled in a corner table of this hotel banquet hall, attending the private party thrown in order to celebrate the launching of a new clothing line of one of her husband's business partners, for her husband's sake.

She didn't want to be here. She wanted to attend her neighbour's birthday party in Laxmi Nagar along with her Jiji. But her Laad Governor insisted that she join him for this business party instead, and when she refused to go with him, he became angry and came to a conclusion that she doesn't love him as she always looks for reason to spend time with others, but him.

So she had no other option but to prove otherwise. This was supposed to be her test of love, but it ended up proving that who really doesn't love her. It's him! Upon reaching the banquet hall, he guided her to a corner table and asked her to sit with Akash as he needed to greet his business partners. She thought it would be a five-minute conversation out of courtesy, but no, her husband disappeared for two long hours. A few minutes later, Akash also disappeared from the table with the same excuse, leaving her completely alone and bored at this party.

And now, after two tedious and frustrating hours, she heard her husband calling her tomato. She found it weird that he was using endearments to call her in such a place as her husband is definitely not the one who prefers to display his affection publicly to her. His affectionate and loving side is reserved for her only to witness. Nevertheless, she turned to the side that his voice was coming from with narrowed eyes and stoic facial expression.

He blinked his eyes with a lazy smile playing on his lips, "Kya kar rahi ho? (What are you doing?)" he asked while pulling a chair back to sit down next to her.

Khushi's mouth hung open as she stared at her husband in disbelief, "Are you seriously asking me this question, Arnav ji?"

"Hmm," Arnav nodded his head, again smiling like a crazy man.

She looked at him suspiciously and leaned closer to his face, scrunching her nose seconds later after inhaling the strong alcohol smell from him. Arnav took the opportunity to plant a lazy, soft kiss on her cheek when she moved her face closer to his, forcing Khushi to lean back on her chair as she looked at him accusingly, "Arnav ji.. you're drunk!"

Arnav shrugged and, through his slurred speech, managed to convey to her, "No.. I'm not.. drunk.. I don't.. even drink, sweetheart. You know that.. I have diabetes."

"I know," Khushi said sternly, "It's seems like you're the one who forgot about your health status."

Arnav slowly raised his hand to reach her face. Khushi's eyes widened as she thought he wanted to strangle her with his hand after she scolded him. However, her husband pinched her nose, smiling at her with his eyes half closed, "You're.. sounding like.. ASR!"

Khushi sighed defeatedly, cupping his face to catch his attention, "And you're behaving like Khushi now. Come, let's go home. You can't stay here in this state."

"Home?" Arnav pouted, shaking his head vigorously, "No.. ghar pe nahi jayenge.. hum dono.. when.. we are home.. you never look at me. You're always busy with Nani..busy with Di.. busy Mami.. busy your Jiji.. busy HP.. busy Laxmi.. except Mama and Akash. Pata hai kyu? (Do you know why?)"

"Kyu?" Khushi asked curiously.

Arnav giggled as he whispered to her, "Kyun ki voh dono toh.. hamesha hi gayab rehte hai.. dikhte hi nahi hai (Because both of them are always missing.. they're never seen)."

Khushi chuckled softly. Even though drunk, her husband was speaking the truth. Akash and Mama are like invisible ghosts in the house. Maybe it's Mami's over the top and loud personality that ends up overshadowing the father and son duo.