2. Bonding

✨ C H A P T E R   T W O ✨

The day dawned with a sense of anticipation as Mrunmayee prepared for her first day at work. Choosing a simple yet professional outfit, she gathered her files and documents, ready to embark on her new role. In a modest, yet elegant attire, she looked ready to face the challenges that awaited her.

As she finished her preparations, the doorbell rang. Jyotsna opened the door to find Ritika standing there, ready to pick up Mrunmayee. The two women greeted each other warmly, engaging in friendly chatter while waiting for Mrunmayee to make her appearance.

Jyotsana, offering a warm smile, "Ritika beta, please come in. Mrun will be ready in a moment."

Ritika, reciprocating the smile, "Thank you, Jyotsana aunty. I hope Mrunmayee is as excited as we are for her new role."

Jyotsana, nodding, "Oh, she's been looking forward to this. I've packed some dahi shakkar for good luck. Please, have some."

Ritika, graciously accepting, "Thank you, Jyotsana aunty. I'm sure it'll be a great day for all of us."

As they chatted and shared a moment of camaraderie, Mrunmayee emerged, looking both determined and eager for the day ahead.

Mrunmayee, giving a confident smile, "Ready for my first day!"

Jyotsana, holding out a small bowl,
"Bada, have some dahi shakkar. Phir sab kuch shub shub hoga."

Mrunmayee, taking a spoonful, "Thank you, Aai. Ritika Di, let's make it a great day!"

She kissed her mother's cheeks and touched her feet for blessings, marking the beginning of a new chapter in her professional journey.

As Mrunmayee prepared to leave for her first day at work, Ritika offered words of encouragement.

"Mrun, I know you will do well. Don't get nervous about work." Ritika said.

Rohit, interjecting with a teasing grin, "She isn't nervous about work but about your driving skills, Ritsy. Just don't bump the car into someone."

Ritika, playfully offended, "Rohit, I am an excellent driver, thank you very much. Unlike some people who drive like they're on a race track."

Rohit, feigning innocence, "I have a need for speed, Ritsy. You know that."

Ritika, rolling her eyes, "Just don't scare Mrun away on her first day. We need her to manage Shubman, not flee in terror."

Mrunmayee, enjoying the banter, "I trust Ritika Di's driving skills, Rohit Bhai. But I'll be sure to wear a seatbelt just in case."

The playful exchange added a light-hearted touch to the morning, setting the tone for a day filled with both challenges and camaraderie.

As Mrunmayee diligently set up her workspace, Rohit, ever the captain, offered some final words of encouragement.

Rohit, with a reassuring smile, "Okay, Mrun. We have practice now. You get enough time to settle everything before you meet Shub."

Mrunmayee, nodding confidently, "Thanks, Rohit Bhai. I'll make sure everything is in order."

Rohit, playfully, "Just remember, Shubman might seem grumpy, but he's a decent guy. You'll get the hang of it."

Mrunmayee, with a smirk, "I'm not afraid of a little grumpiness. I've dealt with worse."

With Rohit's words echoing in her mind, Mrunmayee continued her preparations, ready to face the challenges of managing Shubman Gill. The banter and camaraderie with Rohit added a touch of familiarity to the otherwise new and exciting chapter in her professional journey.