18. Confusions.

✨ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ✨

Shubman approached Mrunmayee gently, taking in the peaceful expression on her face as she slept soundly on the chair.

He hesitated for a moment, unsure if it was appropriate to touch her without her consent. But seeing her curled up there, he knew he couldn't leave her sleeping uncomfortably.

"Hey, wake up," he whispered softly, lightly shaking her shoulder. But she didn't stir.

He sighed, realizing she was deeply asleep. Carefully, he scooped her up into his arms, feeling the warmth of her body against his chest.

"I hope you don't mind," he murmured quietly to her sleeping form as he carried her to a guest room.

He laid her down gently on the bed, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

As he turned to leave, he paused for a moment, watching her peaceful face. "Sleep well," he whispered softly before quietly exiting the room, leaving her to rest undisturbed.

--------------

Shubman sat on the edge of his bed, staring at the photo of Mrunmayee he had taken earlier that day. Her image seemed to dance before his eyes, her captivating gaze drawing him in once again.

"What am I feeling?" he mused aloud, his voice barely above a whisper.

"It's like... her presence just lights up everything around me. Her laughter, her smile... it's like music to my ears."

He traced the outline of her face in the photo, his fingers lingering on the curve of her cheek.

"I can't explain it," he admitted to himself. "But there's something about her that's... different. Special."

He sighed, leaning back against the headboard, lost in thought.

"Maybe I'm just overthinking things," he told himself, trying to push away the swirling emotions in his heart.

"But then again, maybe... just maybe, there's something more here."

He glanced at the photo once more before setting it aside, the image of Mrunmayee's smiling face lingering in his mind.

Restless and unable to quiet the thoughts swirling in his head, Shubman reached for his phone, his fingers hesitating over the screen.

"I need to talk to someone about this," he murmured to himself, his brow furrowed with concern.

His mind quickly sifted through his list of friends, dismissing each one with a shake of his head.

"Ishan? No, definitely not," he muttered, recalling his friend's tendency to turn even the most serious conversations into a joke.

"And Shreyas... He'll kill me for even thinking about this with Mrunmayeee whom he considers his sister."

With a sigh, Shubman's gaze settled on one name on his contact list.

"That only leaves me with one option," he acknowledged, a sense of resignation coloring his tone. "Virat bhai."

With a deep breath, Shubman dialed Virat's number, his heart pounding with anticipation.

As the phone rang, memories flooded his mind—of all the times Virat had been there for him, offering guidance and support.

"Hello?" came Virat's voice on the other end of the line, warm and familiar.

"Hey, Virat bhai," Shubman greeted, a hint of nervousness in his tone.

"Shub! What's up, kiddo?" Virat replied, his tone instantly putting Shubman at ease.