37. Date.

✨ CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN ✨

Shubman woke up to find Mrunmayee curled up in his chest, a smile tugged at the corners of his lips. Gently, he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer to him, relishing the warmth of her presence.

Mrunmayee stirred awake, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment as she realized their close proximity. Quickly, she moved out of his embrace, her gaze downcast as she mumbled, "Um, you should go now."

Shubman smirked, amused by her sudden shyness. "What happened to the Mommy, Mrun?" he teased, his voice filled with playful affection.

Mrunmayee's cheeks grew even redder at his words, and she averted her gaze, feeling flustered under his gaze. "Now, you should get dressed," she said, trying to change the subject.

Shubman chuckled, enjoying her embarrassment. "As you wish, my Mommy," he said, playfully saluting her before heading off to get dressed.

As Shubman got dressed, he couldn't help but tease Mrunmayee about her shyness and their playful antics from the previous night. With a mischievous grin, he sauntered back into the room, his gaze lingering on her flushed cheeks and downcast eyes.

"So, Mommy," he began, his voice filled with amusement, "did you enjoy having me at your mercy last night?"

Mrunmayee's cheeks flamed even brighter at his teasing, and she scowled playfully at him. "Stop it, Shubman," she muttered, her voice tinged with embarrassment.

But Shubman couldn't resist teasing her further, his grin widening as he continued to poke fun at her. "Aw, look at you blushing," he teased, reaching out to gently brush a stray strand of hair from her face. "You're even cuter when you're embarrassed, you know that?"

Mrunmayee huffed in mock indignation, but the smile tugging at the corners of her lips betrayed her amusement. "Just get dressed, you goof," she said, her tone fond despite her feigned annoyance.

And as they bantered back and forth, their laughter filling the room, they knew that their bond was stronger than ever, forged in the fires of love and laughter.

Shubman returned to the room, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he teased Mrunmayee. "What happened, Mommy? Did your pretty boy make a mistake?" he asked playfully, his tone dripping with amusement.

Mrunmayee's cheeks flushed even brighter at his teasing, and she buried her face in the blanket, trying to hide her embarrassment. "Stop it, Shubman," she mumbled, her voice muffled by the fabric.

But Shubman only chuckled, enjoying her flustered reaction. "Oh, come on, Mommy," he said, gently tugging the blanket away from her face. "There's no need to be shy. We're both adults here."

Mrunmayee peeked out from behind the blanket, her eyes narrowed in mock annoyance. "You're incorrigible Gill," she said, but the fondness in her voice belied her words.

Shubman grinned, leaning in closer to her. "And you love it," he replied, his tone teasing as he pressed a playful kiss to her cheek.

"Mommy," Shubman said with a mischievous grin, but his teasing was met with a muffled protest from underneath the blanket.

"Stop calling me that," came Mrunmayee's voice, slightly muffled by the fabric covering her face.

Shubman chuckled, his grin widening as he continued to poke fun at her. "But I thought you loved it," he teased, enjoying her shy reaction.

Mrunmayee emerged from beneath the blanket, her cheeks still flushed with embarrassment. "It was only limited until we were... you know," she said, her voice trailing off shyly.