38. Relationship Revealing.

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

Mrunmayee turned on the video, and the screen flickered to life, revealing Srishti sitting in a plush interview set, her radiant smile masking the deviousness in her eyes.

"I'm here today to talk about my upcoming movie," Srishti began, her voice laced with an artificial sweetness that made Mrunmayee's blood boil. "But before we get into that, I want to address some rumors that have been circulating recently."

The camera zoomed in on Srishti's face, capturing every calculated expression as she continued, "There have been whispers about a special someone in my life, and I want to set the record straight. Yes, I am referring to the talented and charming Shubman Gill."

The PR team exchanged concerned glances as Srishti's words hung in the air, each word carefully chosen to fuel the flames of speculation. Shubman's jaw tightened, his frustration evident as he watched the screen.

"I've had the pleasure of getting to know Shubman recently," Srishti continued, her tone dripping with faux sincerity. "And I must say, he's not just an incredible cricketer, but also a wonderful person. We've been spending a lot of time together, and I couldn't be happier."

As the interview unfolded, it became increasingly clear that Srishti was fabricating a narrative to suit her own agenda, weaving a web of lies that threatened to tarnish Shubman's reputation.

The PR team watched in disbelief, their minds racing with ideas to combat the false narrative being spun before their eyes.

Shubman's brows furrowed as he processed the onslaught of misinformation spewing from the screen.

"What the hell is this girl speaking?" he muttered, his frustration palpable.

Mrunmayee glanced at him sympathetically, her expression mirroring his disbelief.

"She's trying to spin a narrative that doesn't exist," she replied, her voice tinged with irritation. "But we won't let her get away with it."

Kanika chimed in, her tone laced with determination. "We need to take swift action to counter her claims," she declared, her fingers already flying across the keyboard as she drafted a response plan.

Eka nodded in agreement, her lips set in a determined line. "We'll set the record straight and make sure the truth comes out," she affirmed, her eyes blazing with resolve.

Aastha glanced at Shubman, her gaze softening with empathy. "Don't worry, Shubman sir. We've got your back," she reassured him, her voice filled with conviction.

Raj, the final member of the PR team, cracked his knuckles in anticipation. "Let's show them what we're made of," he said, his tone brimming with confidence.

Shubman's irritation simmered beneath the surface, his jaw clenched as he watched the fabricated interview unfold before him. Known for his fiery temper, he struggled to contain his frustration, his emotions threatening to boil over.

Sensing the tension radiating from Shubman, Mrunmayee intervened, her voice firm but gentle. "Everyone, please give Shubman sir some space," she instructed, her eyes darting between her team members. "I don't want him to lash out at anyone."

The PR team exchanged nervous glances, acutely aware of Shubman's volatile temper. With a collective nod, they began to file out of the room, leaving Shubman alone with his thoughts and emotions.

Mrunmayee closed the door behind her, the sound muffled against the backdrop of Shubman's simmering anger. She approached him cautiously, mindful of his volatile mood.