5. Weight Of Responsibilities.

(contains distrubing past, might trigger many people. So I would suggest sensitive hearts to skip the chapter.

Sorry for the inconveniences. Enjoy reading!)

C H A P T E R   F I V E

On yet another normal day, the sun cast its golden rays, painting the cricket ground with a warm hue. Mrunmayee stood on the sidelines, wearing a simple yellow kurti adorned with a white dupatta that gracefully framed her neck. However, beneath the veneer of normalcy, a storm of concerns brewed within her.

As Shubman immersed himself in practice, honing his cricketing skills, Mrunmayee nervously played with the edges of her dupatta.

The urgency and gravity of the matter weighed heavily on her mind. Her mother needed a bone marrow transplant, and every passing moment only accentuated the need for immediate medical intervention.

The challenge that loomed ahead was financial. The exorbitant costs associated with the medical procedure seemed insurmountable, especially for someone hailing from a middle-class background.

The burden of responsibility pressed on Mrunmayee's shoulders, and she felt the weight of her mother's health hanging in the balance.

In the midst of cricketing drills and the rhythmic thud of cricket balls meeting the bat, Mrunmayee grappled with the daunting reality. The echoes of her mother's ailment resonated in her thoughts, overshadowing the cheers and applause from the cricket field.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the cricket ground, Mrunmayee found herself trapped in the haunting tendrils of flashbacks—memories that stirred the depths of her soul, revealing a painful chapter from her recent past.

A few months ago, when the specter of financial strain loomed over her mother needed urgent medical help, Mrunmayee had approached her previous boss, Rithvik, with a desperate plea for a loan.

The sum she sought was a mere few lakhs, but for her, it was an insurmountable mountain. Little did she anticipate the darkness that awaited her in exchange for this financial reprieve.

As she revisited the traumatic ordeal in her mind, the echoes of her own vulnerability reverberated.

She recalled the moment when she had laid bare her predicament to Rithvik, hoping for empathy and support.

Instead, the sinister contours of his intentions surfaced when he callously proposed a disturbing deal—a loan in exchange for a night she would never forget.

The air grew thick with discomfort as Mrunmayee, trapped in a web of desperation, had agreed to the reprehensible terms.

Rithvik's predatory gaze and the sinister bargain hung like a shroud over her, staining the purity of her spirit. The flashback unfolded, revealing the repulsive reality of that night.

"Agree to my terms, and the money is yours," Rithvik's voice echoed in her ears, a cruel melody that still haunted her dreams.

The scene shifted to a dimly lit room, where shadows danced to a grotesque rhythm. The painful memories resurfaced—the violation of her dignity, the overpowering fear, and the silent cries for mercy that echoed in the emptiness of that room.

-------------

The air inside Rithvik's home hung heavy with a nauseating mixture of tension and perversion.

The dimly lit hallway illuminated the trepidation etched on Mrunmayee's face as she took a hesitant step forward, the heels of her shoes clicking against the cold floor.