3. Coffee Burns.

✨ C H A P T E R    T H R E E ✨

Mrunmayee, dressed in a beautiful pastel green kurti adorned with a light net dupatta, complemented her Indian attire with thin silver bangles on her hands and silver jhumkas dangling from her ears. She took a moment to glance at herself in the mirror, gently adjusting her nose ring with a satisfied smile. Today was the day she would be meeting the rest of the team.

After giving her mother the daily guidelines and assuring her that everything would be fine, Mrunmayee left for work. The sun cast a warm glow as she made her way to the meeting with a mix of excitement and anticipation.

As she entered the office, she received warm smiles from the support staff, signaling a positive environment. Payal, the former manager, had already vacated the space, leaving it for Mrunmayee to make her mark.

As Mrunmayee settled into her workspace, she caught glimpses of the team members arriving. Shubman, seemingly immersed in his routine, looked up and noticed her.

"Good morning." He wished.

Mrunmayee, returning the greeting with a warm smile, "Good morning, Shubman."

Shubman couldn't help but notice Mrunmayee's beauty, and the glint of her nose ring captured his attention.

In Punjabi, they say "Laung da Lashkara," describing the sparkle of a nose ring. He found himself momentarily captivated by this traditional adornment.

Shubman, breaking the momentary silence, cleared his throat, "Well, the team has been eager to meet you."

As if on cue, the office door opened, and in walked the familiar faces of Rohit, Virat, Shreyas, Ishan, Jasprit, Ravindra, Hardik, and the rest of the team. Virat, Shreyas, and Ishan, having spent time with Mrunmayee during the dinner, greeted her warmly.

Virat, with a grin, "Hey, Mrunmayee! Ready to handle this bunch of troublemakers?"

Shreyas, chuckling, "You have no idea what you've signed up for."

Rohit, having known her as a neighbor, added, "Mrunmayee, good to see you officially joining the team. You've got quite the task ahead."

Mrunmayee, with a smile, "I'm up for the challenge. Nice to see everyone."

The atmosphere was welcoming, with the team members expressing curiosity about their new manager. The day continued with meetings, discussions, and a shared sense of camaraderie. As Mrunmayee engaged with each member, the initial nerves began to fade, and she started to feel like an integral part of the team.

As the team proposed a bonding session, the enthusiasm was momentarily dampened by Ishan's announcement.

Ishan, with a hint of complaint, "Bhai, she is coming."

Virat, puzzled, "Who?"

Ishan sighed, "Mahira."

The room fell silent, and Shubman's grumpy demeanor returned at the mention of Mahira's name. Mahira, the daughter of one of their board members, was infamous among the team for being clingy, overly attached, and irritating.

Shubman, under his breath, "Great."

The prospect of a bonding session with Mahira added an unexpected twist to the day, and the team braced themselves for what promised to be an interesting and potentially challenging interaction.

Mrunmayee, still navigating the dynamics within the team, remained silent, observing the reactions to Mahira's impending arrival.

Shreyas, with a grimace, commented, "Don't tell me she is still sticking on to you, Shubman."